READ: Geoffrey Berman Details Closed-Door Talk With AG Barr Before Being Fired | Talking Points Memo

I don’t know that he could.

3 Likes

The new Congress is seated on January 3.
Congress is in recess for the last half of December.

That leaves about 4 weeks of actual lame-duck time for Trump to be vengeful.
With any luck, Mitch will be replace in January.

11 Likes

An incentive? Or a bribe?

More from Marcy:

emptywheel
@emptywheel

·

51m

Mind you, this is the kind of BS we see from both parties. It’s what Lanny Breuer spent his time doing – refusing to prosecute banks so he could profit in the future. But one would imagine most people are more subtle about it. This was a bribe to get Berman to step aside.

19 Likes

Obstruction of justice is the reason some folks get out of bed in the morning, isn’t it? if Barrf doesn’t get torn a new one by the Biden admin the next run by the treason party will be lights out for America. If there is no Biden admin, then, well…

1 Like

Barr comes off looking like a total rat-bastard in this article.

9 Likes

Consigliere.

8 Likes

Indeed.

Bill Kristol
@BillKristol

Berman’s testimony under oath is pretty dramatic. Zero chance Barr would have moved so hastily (and foolishly) unless under direct and repeated pressure from Trump. So why did Trump feel such urgency to get rid of Berman and try to bring in a political loyalist from outside SDNY?

11:35 AM · Jul 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

17 Likes

I laughed at that “not good for my resume or future job prospects” – as if Berman was the toy department head at a local Walmart, and Barr the manager who wanted someone else running the toy department.

I’m surprised that Barr didn’t use the phrase “it will be on your permanent record…”

18 Likes

OT but here’s a tall mayor and a bunch of other people painting a sign on a road by an infamous NYC landmark.

https://twitter.com/DanielNewman/status/1281270944363880448

14 Likes

I was thinking something more like “and not good for that nice family of yours. How is your wife, by the way? Staying healthy?”

7 Likes

Does Donnie know that???

4 Likes

Hahahaha! That’s a good one! What’s that? Oh, you forgot the /s.

9 Likes

Does Bully Barr know that?

2 Likes

Does Trump even go there anymore? We need something he can see from Mar-a-Lago, but that’s going to be a bit tougher to pull off.

3 Likes

He does now.

7 Likes

Dear Fat Billy Barr:

Having fun yet, bitch?

4 Likes

Plane towing a banner would work. We could take up a collection right here.

9 Likes

And younger: this is McConnell seeking to pack courts for the next 40 years. See: Gorsuch / Kavanaugh.

3 Likes

OT, but LOL!!! This is the shit circulating on YouTube and someone just used it against me to “disprove” something I posted there hahahahahahaha!!!

7 Likes

Don’t suppose he used a different card, so not much trail? Nah.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available