READ: Geoffrey Berman Details Closed-Door Talk With AG Barr Before Being Fired | Talking Points Memo

The former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, who was fired last month, testified Thursday that Attorney General Bill Barr repeatedly “urged” him to leave the office and take another job. Berman refused, leading to a confrontation with Barr that ended with Berman being fired.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1319599

How many has this Trump MAL-Administration “urged” or bullied government/military employees to leave office? Another Obstruction of Justice/Presidential Misconduct?

Did Trump MAL-Administration urged Anthony Kennedy to retire just as they are urging Clarence Thomas to retire to rally Trump’s base? Another Presidential Misconduct?

Addendum:

Someone loves the good life…

On June 18, 2020, I received an email from a member of the Attorney General’s staff stating that the Attorney General wanted to meet me the next day at the Pierre Hotel in New York. I was not told the purpose of the meeting.

So, NOT only is Barr urging/bullying Berman, but Barr is again wasting tax dollars by doing the urging in a swanky 5-star hotel The Pierre at NYC!

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000173-347b-d439-a573-7eff89930000

24 Likes

Nothing to see here… everyone in the administration serves at the pleasure of the Pestilent. And in the case of Ivanka and Hope Hicks they serve him his pleasure… or so I been told…

8 Likes

To think that in comparison to Bill Barr, Jeff Sessions looks somewhat desirable is scary as hell.

37 Likes

You have to wonder whether the expectation that Clayton would step back from investigating Trump’s associates was written out, sort of like an NDA, or whether it was simply strongly “suggested,” like Bergman’s resignation.

13 Likes

They are reaching out to senior judges to try and get them out so they can appoint more incompetent judges.

20 Likes

and join trumps reelection Campaign

4 Likes

O/T Sure he was not expecting this

Tom Winter
@Tom_Winter

·

2m

BREAKING / NBC News: Michael Cohen has been remanded back into the custody of federal authorities and will be sent back to jail. This comes after pictures were taken of Cohen at a Manhattan restaurant outside of his residence this weekend. NBC’s Adam Reiss reports.

39 Likes

No matter what is revealed, nothing is going to change until November 3rd. And I fear that the ensuing 78 days following the election until the inauguration might have some of the most insane things ever seen perpetrated by Trump, McConnell and and their enablers.

Don’t base predictions on past experience. We have never had a president like this before who is willing to do absolutely anything he sees as his own self-interest.

23 Likes

I so want them to go after Clarence Thomas. He has no intention of stepping down unless dead and it would be great fun to watch the cult turn against him and Virginia.
It doesn’t matter how he sees himself. At the end of the day he is the wrong color for the cult.

21 Likes

Why would folks think that “rallying his base” is going to amount to anything? He’s been doing that for 3 and 1/2 years and he’s down 15 against Biden. Trump needs folks OUTSIDE of his base if he’s to have a prayer of winning.

41 Likes

Not very smart, that Mikey Cohen.

11 Likes

I believe all these revelations and insider accounts are going to come faster and faster as November approaches.

It may also be one of those elections where we are treated to an October surprise several times a week until we reach the actual date.

There will be so many people that want to scrub the filth of this maladministration off themselves, while others will try to rehab their reputations as early as possible because After-Trump™ their prospects will be less than nil. Any resume that includes serving in a tRump maladministration will be flagged, asterisked, and emphasized with a neon-colored highlighter and put in a do not call back pile. That’s what happens when you traumatize an entire country putting most citizens in a ongoing state of PTSD. You get associated with all that stuff, fair or not.

Maybe Berman was a good prosecutor and had a way of redeeming himself while in his position. Bottom line is he was a tRump appointee and he has to do whatever he can now to scrape the crud off him before he can move on. Who can blame him? He’s one of the few however where some residue won’t still stick to him after he’s gone.

27 Likes

Because it has worked time and time again and they are at that stage where they cannot see that:
A- it is no longer working
B- they are out of options.

11 Likes

Giving Clayton the job was clearly a Trojan horse. This administration makes no effort to get Senate confirmation for the scores of open positions they continue to create.

Barr wanted Carpenito in charge to scuttle the Trump-related investigations and then mosey off into the sunset. House Judiciary Committee should dig deep into that one.

27 Likes

“He added that getting fired from my job would not be good for my resume or future job prospects. I told him that while I did not want to get fired, I would not resign.” Au Contraire, Billy Bully Boy. Berman has put himself in line for much better opportunities. Maybe in a position to go after your corrupt fat ass in January 2021.

30 Likes

Barr is a goddamn corrupt tool and a menace. He needs to be prosecuted. HIS carreer needs to be ruined. Disbarment.

38 Likes

Womp, womp, womp.

1 Like

Yeah. I thought Jeff Sessions was a jerk about marijuana. Then I read this:

15 Likes

“And then Barr threatened to play the accordion.”

5D1D0997-38D7-438A-96D4-981E99A121B0

Look at the cheeks on Barr, he could engulf and store a kid goat in just one of those things.

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available