READ: Geoffrey Berman Details Closed-Door Talk With AG Barr Before Being Fired | Talking Points Memo

Yeah, I’d say resisting Barr’s corruption is actually a pretty stellar bullet point on his resume.

27 Likes

Wasn’t expecting it but it doesn’t surprise me. How long before Manafort winds up back in the clink for similar reasons? Except Manafort is smarter than Cohen, plus wealthier, so maybe not. I’m sure Manafort is having a luxurious time of it on home detention one way or another.

1 Like

It is way to late for Thomas to retire. Presidents do not get to pick supreme court picks this close to an election.

8 Likes

Don’t you think for a minute McConnell would not ram it through

19 Likes

Sez who? (Besides McConnell when it suits him)

7 Likes

29 Likes

In Mikestan, you go out to restaurant. In Paulonia restaurant go out to you. Bring Geiger counter.

7 Likes

Whatever the strategy implied in this title…there is a better one to describe Thomas’ retirement:

One More Judge For Joe.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1281283341808029696

The thuggery of Billy Barr, meeting Berman in a hotel room and calling him on a non-official cell phone, is notable.

But equally nice is how Billy Barr suggested that Berman should use his time in public office building up a client list to profit off of.
Which makes the offer of the SEC position all the more scandalous.

The clear message was Berman could spend 5 months failing to regulate corporations that Berman could cash in on after Trump loses.

29 Likes

Bill, sorry, but you’ll never be Dizzy Gillespie.

6 Likes

What they did with Kennedy was flatter him for years, plenty of ass kissing, long lunches and trips to the country. Maybe money, I don’t know. But they made out they were friendlies, and that was a lie. The sucker fell for it.

3 Likes

One of these two items is a blow bag, and one is a bladder.

Your guess is as good as mine.

12 Likes

Wow, going to main DOJ was sold to Berman as the way of “building a book of business”… so how is that Swamp draining going for the Trumpies. Window into how they think, and it is totally corrupt.

29 Likes

What? Not at the Tump Tower?

Joyce Alene
@JoyceWhiteVance

Among the interesting info in Berman’s statement, the Attorney General had a suite at the Pierre in New York. Nice use of taxpayer dollars.

19 Likes

Berman’s opening statement is a somewhat understated but damning indictment of Barr’s corruption.

14 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

17 Likes

Kennedy retired because he was afraid the awful truth about his son’s, Justin, money laundering at Deutsch Bank as well as loaning Agolf Twittler over a billion dollars when every other bank on the planet wouldn’t give him one red cent.

The whole thing was/is very, very suspicious.

26 Likes

How rallied can his base get?

5 Likes

That would be bagpipes, not accordion.

3 Likes

AFTER the bagpipes. Two “intruments” I personally detest.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available