Protesters Hang Beshear In Effigy Outside Governor’s Mansion

Good catch, nemo.

9 Likes

Yes. Thank you. I wish I could like more than once.
The madness of the Republican party is actively destroying this country.

11 Likes

And long afterward.

12 Likes

Don’t know if it will get to that point here in Jersey today.Governor trying to save lives with no direction from Washington and this is what they (Murphy & Beshar) get.I guess Cuomo must be Gangster # 1,nothing like this yet in New York.Maybe Upstate but now down state,so far

13 Likes

Hey loser, our grandparents died on the beaches of Normandy fighting Nazis so Nazis could take over America and loot the country. Crawl back to your hot tub, hater.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing that story. Every paragraph had a comment that made me stop and say 'wait…what?"

4 Likes

Folks, are you tired of effigies that fall apart after the first light rainshower? Or the stuffed head snaps off when you are hoisting it in front of the governor’s mansion?
Then come on down to Tater’s Effigies. We take high-quality premium cast-off t-shirts, cut 'em, paint 'em, and using clothes taken from estate sales of COVID deaths, dress 'em up as your least favorite public official. Come on down and see our wide selection of effigies proudly handcrafted here in America. First 6 through the door on Memorial Day weekend get a free MAGA hat. Tater’s Effigies, for all your effigy needs. Tell a friend.

13 Likes

Nope. I forgot they like to commemorate getting their asses kicked in the Civil War.

6 Likes

Actually, Kentucky was officially “neutral” during the Civil War, but it was decided after Governor Beriah Magoffin refused to aid Union soldiers in attacking the south. Pussies!

3 Likes

Nevertheless, the current residents of Kentucky love them some SCA.

1 Like

It’s also the state motto of the commonwealth of Virginia, and appears on the state flag.

9 Likes

Morgan McGarvey called it right - this is a Republican -style “protest” that should never have occurred to a single person much less the group it took to make and hang it.

I hope the guy who took it down took a close look at the people he’s aligning himself with and at the very least decides they aren’t worth the piss he takes every morning.

@thunderclapnewman - I believe that motto was created for the Commonwealth of Virginia after the Revolutionary War, when true tyranny had been visible. I’ll have to look into it. Actually it was adopted in 1776.

But at least it’s not Latino likeVermont’s.

Speaking of mottos, though, Kansas’ “ad astra per aspera” has been my favorite since I first heard it.

5 Likes

They sure do!

Uh, both are Latin.

1 Like

These people are incredibly fortunate to have Beshear as their Governor instead of that hideous Bevins character. I shudder to think how many additional lives would have been lost in Kentucky had Bevins remained in power. He’s the Jair Bolsonaro of Donald Trumps.

12 Likes

He’s been identified , Terry Bush of the Kentucky 3%,the website tell you what they are.

https://www.ky3pers.com/

13 Likes

By the sounds of all the Republican heads exploding in KY that time may have come. The protesters are a shrinking minority, even in KY. Republicans own this hateful mind set.

8 Likes

Well said, @birdford. :clap:

5 Likes

Brashear, despite the horrific act targeted at him, must know he is on the right track when he arouses this level fears in the deplorables.

5 Likes

He seems nice.

3 Likes