Protesters Hang Beshear In Effigy Outside Governor’s Mansion

During a rally trumpeting Second Amendment rights outside the Governor’s Mansion at the state capitol in Frankfort, Kentucky, protesters hanged Gov. Andy Beshear (D) in effigy, earning bipartisan condemnation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1310651
1 Like

Deplorable.

39 Likes

Patridiots.

23 Likes

Once again, it’s come to this??

8 Likes

Shouldn’t MoscowMitch move out of state then?

15 Likes

re: ‘Cecil’

He’s trying to get re-elected.

6 Likes

I’m sure some of them are fine people.

/s

39 Likes

" There is no place for hate in Kentucky.”. No, but there is plenty of room to suck up to those who promote it. Reap what you sow Moscow Mitch, right along with the House Majority Council.

60 Likes

The story should probably note that “Sic Semper Tyrannis” were the words John Wilkes Booth shouted out right after blowing Abraham Lincoln’s brains onto the floor of Ford’s Theater. They have a very particular historical context.

91 Likes

“We demand the right to sicken, and maybe kill, our famiies, friends and neighbors! And any strangers who may happen to be around.”

39 Likes

Republicans have made it clear that they will do anything to hold on to power. They are addicted to power the same way a junky is addicted to heroin.

They’re finally going to go too far and finally karma will strike back at them.

22 Likes

Exactly. If not calling for the lynching of the Governor, calling for his assassination.

Should be a crime, even in Kentucky.

31 Likes

Patricidiots.

14 Likes

That should be “Republicans,” not “protesters.” As in “Nazis went door-to-door looking for Jews last night,” not “groups of nocturnal pedestrians.”

46 Likes

Yeah and my doctor is a tyrant, always bossing me!

And my parents, with their coercive advice all the time! Tyrants!

Woah! These ads on Facebook anticipate my every wish! Airbuds you can wear in the bath — they have the smell of freedom!

14 Likes

70 Likes

When I look at Moscow McConnell “weighing in”, I think of Himmler trying to make a Deal in 1945.

Equally reptilian.

McConnell’s legislative history will have produced untold misery by the time he leaves office.

34 Likes

Mitch McConnell said this about the hanging:

“There is no place for hate in Kentucky,” he [tweeted](https://twitter.com

Yea, because he’s already filled up the space.

30 Likes

Some of us spend Memorial Day weekend with our families, weeding the garden, cooking special pancake breakfasts, trying to enjoy whatever we can in this fraught time.

Others, apparently, would rather buy rope and threaten public officials for attempting to save lives. Or, in fewer words, Dumbasses.

30 Likes

Vote the Trump/ McConnell ticket to Make America Fascist.

11 Likes