Pelosi And Other Democrats Jump Into Case That Could Devastate Medicaid - TPM – Talking Points Memo

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and other high-profile Democrats filed an amicus brief in Health and Hospital Corporation of Marion County v. Talevski Friday, the case barrelling towards oral arguments that could leave beneficiaries of major programs like Medicaid with little recourse should states neglect their care. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1433392

Nice try but the die has been cast with this corrupted court.

7 Likes

Why is there a subset of people on this site who find it somehow pleasant to assert that every battle is already lost? How is that gratifying? Serious question.

59 Likes

Kate Riga ,thanks for staying on top of this.

31 Likes

Bullshit can be difficult to identify but its introductions usually give it away. “You just think…” and “I don’t believe…” are dispositive introductions to bullshit.

3 Likes

“Disturbing this Court’s Section 1983 doctrine more broadly …would have disastrous consequences.”

“That’s why we’re here,” Justices Roberts, Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Coney Barrett said in unison.

18 Likes

I would have posted this but yours is a good FRIST too.

32 Likes

“The die has been cast”
With emphasis on “die”.

5 Likes

Good question! Just got back from Googling “psychology of pessimism”. Two things that stuck out are pessimists are depressed and pessimists aren’t as smart as optimists.
Thanks for the great question.

25 Likes

LOL you said that, not me. I get myself in enough hot water. :smile:

17 Likes

Horseshit.

Optimists thought that Hillary would win.

4 Likes

Everyone thought Hillary would win. Trump thought it himself.

27 Likes

There’s always a post. May 18, 2016:

10 Likes

Yeah, I know. It’s a shame we’re not enjoying the fruits of President Sanders’s second term but them’s the breaks. :confused:

19 Likes

I wonder what the playing field would look like should Biden opt to not run for a second term. Harris has been seriously quiet, would anyone challenge her? Gavin seems to be making noises but Warren and Sanders are not.

9 Likes

So how smart is it to relitigate 2016?

2 Likes

Only way Papa Joe isn’t running in 2024 is if the hurricane developing right now wallops Mar-a-GoGo with Cat 5 winds and a certain occupant riding it out to tragic and sad results.

He came out of retirement for one reason, to stop trump. As trump’s not yet stopped, job ain’t done, and Sleepy Joe’s gonna keep on napping in the lincoln bedroom for as long as is needed until we’re safe again.

31 Likes

Hmm, so the court has insisted that, should Congress codify something, it’s better than having an agency create a non-legislative rule about it. But now, with Congress codifying something, the court will say Congress can’t do that.

So which is it, anyway, fellas?

12 Likes

Not trying to relitigate at all. Just noting that we pessimists were calling the possibility that trump might make it all the way well before the election.

Thus refuting whatever those psychology articles you found that claim that optimists are somehow smarter.

2 Likes

Poor reading comprehension on your part.
The push is to get the hospital to withdraw the case.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available