Paul Doubles Down On Dig At Fauci: ‘We Have To Take With A Grain Of Salt These Experts’

It is wrong, but if you pray for it first and it’s in the name of gOD, you’re absolved. Preemptively and eternally.

1 Like

Not with the north end, anyway.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought the lyric from Pink Floyd’s Money, ‘I’m alright, Jack, keep your hands off of my stack.’ described them all perfectly. Everyone I’ve met and had a conversation with who was a Libertarian was a loon.

7 Likes

Of course we should take what the experts say with a grain of salt. Experts can be and often are wrong. Experts take what experts say with a grain of salt, and we should do the same. The thing about experts, though, is that they are much more reliable than the rest of us–and especially more reliable than crazy narcissistic politicians who pretend to know more than the experts.

4 Likes

What a great rant. Well done!

6 Likes

First, as others have noted, Rand Paul is the quintessential QED for Dunning-Kruger Effect WRT epidemiology and virology generally.

Second, he is a libertarian in the same sense as his father Ron; i.e., a firm Republican rather than Libertarian or Independent because attacking a Democratic state defending POC, educated women, and Others is more productive than attacking members directly. The fact that Covid-19 appears to be having a worse impact on those members and the coalition supporting the Democratic party generally aligns with his overall intent quite well.

Oh come on Ralph, don’t hold back, tell us what you really think. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s like someone just left.

4 Likes

Rand Paul is an Ophthalmologist, and yes, an MD.

Of course Dr Fauci is to be trusted.
Not the quack Rand Paul.
Gawd he does look like a serial killer - Paul that is.

2 Likes

Ideally human evolution will take him with a grain of salt. Makes for a great preservative.

1 Like

Your humor detector needs a new battery.

2 Likes

Such a nasty comment. Thanks all, this comment thread is over!

1 Like

I prefer the unadulterated “Fuck you, I got mine”.

5 Likes

Says the guy who is a medical doctor. One that left Baylor early, without graduating, to head to medical school at Duke. Because apparently you could do that back then. And who created his own board of certification for his specialty because he had a big mad after the national board of certification changed some of its rules.

6 Likes

Master!

5 Likes

I haven’t called him a miniature dungpoodle yet.

7 Likes

He’s up for re-election in 2022 and may have to think twice about what he is saying if Mitch has a problem getting re-elected even in ruby red Kentucky

3 Likes

Libertarian = Republican + Love of Weed

2 Likes

What did Leonard Pitts write the other day?

I will not die of having wagered my life that TV carnival barkers, political halfwits and MAGA-hat-wearing geniuses know more than experts with R.N.s, M.D.s, and Ph.D.s after their names.

In other words, I will not die of stupid.

Dying of stupid is what the GOP and Fox News are asking us to do.

5 Likes