Paul Doubles Down On Dig At Fauci: ‘We Have To Take With A Grain Of Salt These Experts’

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on Tuesday night stood by the biting comments he made to top White House COVID-19 task force official Dr. Anthony Fauci earlier in the day about Fauci’s opinion that it would be premature to reopen the country right now.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1308917

“As a Libertarian, I pretend to know everything about everything when I fact I know very little about anything.”

48 Likes

Thanks, Randal. I’ll trust the opinion of a dubious ophthalmologist over that of an imminent epidemiologist any day of the week, especially regarding virology.

41 Likes

In the marketplace of ideas, dumb bullshit is always in demand.

21 Likes

Take with a block of salt a guy who creates his own certification entity to get a certification as a ophthalmologist.

42 Likes

Non board certified mediocre ophthalmologist weighs in on opinions of leading expert on epidemiology. Dunning-Kruger strikes again.

28 Likes

“So we have to take with a grain of salt these experts and their prognostications,” says the guy with a FAKE MEDICAL CERTIFICATION (who had to set up his own, fake, Internet-based Certification Authority because no reputable group would certify him.)"

TFIFY

15 Likes

I presume the free tonsorial perks going to the Senators in the Capitol building are currently not available. Are these jackasses so enabled that they can’t shave themselves?

10 Likes

But Randers put the lemon juice on his face so there is no way he could have been seen robbing us all of our last nerve.

2 Likes

Libertarians are truly some of the world’s biggest assholes. Selfish anarchy is all they believe in.

36 Likes

Well, fortunately for us, Fauci has a legitimate degree and certification for his line of work.

Unlike Paul, who made his all up.

18 Likes

This is an expert Rand Paul can take without a grain of salt:

5 Likes

Is it wrong that I wish his neighbor had hit him harder? Much, much harder?

31 Likes

They also love the sound of the word “libertarian” it’s so, so - I don’t know maybe it’s so revolutionary sounding!
Liberté, égalité, fraternité

6 Likes

“So we have to take with a grain of salt these experts and their prognostications.”

Especially those “experts” who are accredited by their own accrediting organization.

13 Likes

Absolutely no bottom to these FOX jerks.

17 Likes

WHY do we have to take experts testimony with ‘a grain of salt’ Rand? Because somehow YOU know jack sht? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You are such a dilettante in your politics. Flitting from policy to policy pretending you know ANYTHING as long as your name pops up from time to time.

11 Likes

Kentucky. Sending us their best.

9 Likes

Is it wrong that I wish I was his neighbor?

21 Likes

And somehow, they get “hold my beer” into that revolutionary sound they make.

5 Likes