Nunes Claims Trump Won’t Return To Twitter Even If Musk Buys It

One wonders if this attitude is entangled with the blockbuster popularity of sword’n’sorcery fantasy of late. Yay feudalism and its hereditary kings and conquest of territory by brute violence!

2 Likes

Yea, I went to WaPo and saw that. Free speech is now only for the ultra rich.

I’m thinking about dumping my Model S for a Taycan. It just doesn’t get the range!

No doubt on the damage. And we really need to be thinking about how one man can affect society by opening his bank account in a sense. For whimsy? This is something from fiction turning into reality.

But I also think he is opening himself up to vulnerabilities he doesn’t actually understand if the service degrades the way we think it will.

7 Likes

You are quite right. A good many Tesla drivers who were attracted to the car did not know a damned thing about the Oligarch who profits from the sale of it.

Now they do.

9 Likes

Followed by the Tweet Of Doom. Yeah, back to form. Musk’s “Troll Social” will love it!

2 Likes

Yep

3 Likes

I’m thinking of dumping my Tesla for the Porsche Taycan, or the Audi eTron. Neither, however, gets the range of the Tesla.

3 Likes

“Wont.”

4 Likes

“Former congressman and TRUTH Social CEO Devin Nunes on Monday insisted that former President Trump has no interest in returning to Twitter…”

Sure Jan

9 Likes

Twitter has nothing whatsoever to do with free speech or the First Amendment.

10 Likes

Maybe. He is greedy and a notorious cheap-skate with a strong sense of what is his. He is also much less wealthy than he claims, and if he ever made 10,000 a day selling vodka and steaks I’d be really surprised. I heard that copper wire was invented when Trump and his father were fighting over a penny.

10 Likes

Preposterous. Of course he’ll return.

Nunes is speaking here as Truth Social, and so his message is that his shabby little platform isn’t just Great Leader’s second choice. Obviously that has to be his message.

But there’s simply no way that TFG will pass up the chance to return to Twitter to take a victory lap. What Nunes claims here is outright impossible.

4 Likes

Tesla is also rapidly gaining a reputation for poor quality and recalls too. And their treatment of non-white males in their factories is abysmal too. (Another reason why Musk is relocating to Texas…)

10 Likes

Apparently, all the folks here who were so sure that DoJ wasn’t investigating J6 are equally sure that they know exactly what Musk will do if his bid to buy Twitter is successful.

If they can see the future so clearly, why aren’t they winning Powerball and MegaMillions lotteries every day?

8 Likes

I currently have a traditional car, but I’m hoping to find a good hybrid that can operate as an EV for routine local trips but also has a gasoline-generated power option if I’m traveling long distance in areas without the necessary EV support architecture.

1 Like

“Well, I can only report what he said,” the former congressman replied. “He said he really doesn’t have an interest in going on Twitter, and my guess is that would continue to be the same.”

Given that Nunes guessed leaving Congress for TRUTH would be a good move for him, well . . .

5 Likes

Nunez is always wrong. Prepare for interminable Trump tweets.

1 Like

Who listens to anything Moones says?

Seriously. Does ANYONE??

And even if they listen, do they believe him? My money is on “nope”…

6 Likes

It’s pretty hard to guess the winning lottery numbers. You’ve got about one chance in, what, 300 million? That’s not easy.

It’s much much easier to guess that Musk will, if he gains control of Twitter, lift the ban on various right-wing clowns who’ve been banned. Musk’s character has been on public display for many years now, and this is precisely what we’d expect from the person we know him to be.

Also? While this doesn’t count for too much, it’s also precisely what he says he’ll do.

You could probably make a lot of money on side bets if you’re correct to suppose that Twitter lifting the ban on TFG is no more likely than a particular set of numbers winning the powerball.

2 Likes

Is the kraken a killer? What even is a kraken? I think I didn’t read enough Marvel comics to understand politics today.

3 Likes