Nunes Claims Trump Won’t Return To Twitter Even If Musk Buys It

Former congressman and TRUTH Social CEO Devin Nunes on Monday insisted that former President Trump has no interest in returning to Twitter as the social media giant reportedly nears a deal to sell itself to Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1413998
1 Like

I thought Musk sold his newly acquired Twitter shares? Did I miss something? Is he going to try to buy it back now?

4 Likes

Nunes Claims Trump Won’t Return To Twitter Even If Musk Buys It

Because Truth Social is so much better…

7 Likes

Amateur hour here. Nunes makes an obviously false statement to bolster his own social media network, treating social media like a zero sum game, like politics, and not like a business. We have seen that businessmen make poor politicians. We’re seeing here that politicians make terrible businessfolk.

16 Likes

“That’s why Musk’s bid feels like much more than just an economic takeover of Twitter. It’s also a political takeover, akin to Rupert Murdoch’s 1976 deal for the New York Post and 2007 purchase of the Wall Street Journal . The world’s richest person, who has said he “doesn’t care about the economics” of buying of Twitter, is aiming to acquire a different kind of power: control one of the world’s largest megaphones and the ability to impose his libertarian ideology on questions of moderation and misinformation.”

This is bad, bad, bad. It will be like adding another layer of fascism that we already get with Fox News.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-04-25/elon-musk-s-twitter-and-what-it-means-for-donald-trump-tweets

14 Likes

So, if I read this correctly, Trump has already contacted Musk about returning to Twitter.

19 Likes

Uh huh. “Nobody” is on Twitter anymore. Sure. They’re all on "T R U T H "? Sure they are – in spite of all reports to the contrary. Clearly, Nunes is just gaslighting the rubes again, but knowing his level of acumen, he’s probably gaslighting himself as well. As they say, "SAD!’

2 Likes

“twitter’s a ghost town”
‘TruthSocial is jumpin’”
Even though the object of their affection has only posted there once.

8 Likes

there’s just nobody there.

A conundrum for Devin, who believes it’s not what you know, but who you know.

7 Likes

Whatever the case is, we need responsible individuals more than ever

4 Likes

Twitter right now is nothing but a PR wire,” he continued.

Like every time a reporter sticks a microphone in front of the Republican politician? I mean MTG is a walking talking Twitter rant.

4 Likes

“During the Monday interview, Nunes continued to feign confidence in TRUTH Social by bizarrely claiming that, though Twitter has a ‘global footprint,’ ‘there’s just nobody there’.”

And with that, I have now fulfilled my minimum daily requirement for Udder Bullshit.

24 Likes

Horseh*t. One of Musk’s reasons for buying Twitter is to put tRump back on it.

6 Likes

Trump had 80 million followers on Twitter at the time he was banned. It was the eighth most followed account on the site. He won’t like having someone like Musk lording it over him, but the narcissism will win the day.

Devin Nunes chose… poorly.

10 Likes

Which is GQP speak for Trump is totally going to return to Twitter. His first tweet will be something to the effect of:

“Your favorite president, (ME) is Back. Low IQ cow suer Dopey Nunez totally sold me a Joke of a platform I never supports and I had to leave.”

16 Likes

Right? Trump used it exactly that way to short circuit the press and press corps to throw his hissy fits and lie with impunity, and now this sad sack is turning that into criticism? Sheesh.

4 Likes

He’ll be back on before the ink even dries. Unbelievable that this is happening.

9 Likes

as is his want.

7 Likes

As the 2016 election fades into the past, its importance increases.

The only chance we have is “Representative Government.”

4 Likes

He will have to change the rules. If Peter Thiel were buying it, I’d say yes, but I’m not sure Musk is that in love with Trump.

3 Likes