Meadows’ Closest Aide Set To Testify During Surprise Jan. 6 Hearing

Seems to me once the J6 events kicked off it was doomed to unfold as it did, and much of it was beyond Trump’s control, at least by about noon that day.

It was already covered here that a Secret Service agent reported to Meadows that there was intel about possible violence on the 6th.

12 Likes

Can anyone elucidate what he’s yammering about here? I’m lost. Who did what by state? Every member is voting on which now?

In one of his batshit memos, Eastman suggested having the house vote by delegations (I.e. one vote per state, state delegations vote within themselves to decide who to cast their state’s vote for) if Pence didn’t want to just declare Trump the winner. The “logic” was that because more state delegations have a majority of Republicans, Trump would still win. It was an attempt to construct a “heads I win, tails you lose” scenario.

Although Eastman presents the house voting by delegations as the next step in a contested election, it only happens if the electoral college is tied. The electoral college was not tied. If Republicans tried to make a tie by disfranchising several states, their objections would have been voted down because dems hold the house and not all Republican senators are completely batshit (this is what Ron Johnson is trying to use as an excuse for trying to disfranchise his own constituents). The only way to engineer a tie in the electoral college would be for Pence to unilaterally throw out some state’s votes with out giving congress a chance to vote. If he could have successfully done that, we would no longer be a democracy, no matter what rituals were used to disguise the coup.

It’s better that Pence did his job, but Eastman’s plan was always bananas. Which makes Ron Johnson’s participation worse.

19 Likes

And besides, according to Giuliani’s speech to the crowd that morning:

Every single thing that has been outlined as the plan for today is perfectly legal.

9 Likes

Question answered , unexpectedly by Fox

25 Likes

46 Likes

Batshit crazy

Boebert: ‘The Church Is Supposed To Direct The Government’

36 Likes

They’d also do it to kill social security, eliminate capital gains tax, make living while black illegal, or just for the sheer fucking hell of it.

13 Likes

She was a (the?) top aide to the WH Chief of Staff. She has to be thoroughly aware of how GOP politics work. Yet here she is, giving testimony

17 Likes

@southerndem – “Boebert claims god should be considered in US secular law.”

While I agree, Boebert would claim the bible should be included also as canon law, and old English law, are “natural law” precursors to modern law?

Now to listen to Ms. Cassie Hutchinson! Who would’ve thought democracy would be saves by a person named “Cassie.” Oh shit Thompson is going to drag it out with a voir dire of Ms. Hutchinson. Necessary, I guess!

1 Like

I just want to get in the face of every whiney-ass progressive who cried baby tears that “Biden isn’t doing anything about Trump” (leaving aside that that isn’t Biden’s job, but anyway, those folks don’t know how government works, anyway), and say “Told you so!”

The 1/6 committee knows what they are doing.

12 Likes

Interesting that it is “The church”. Not the people.

6 Likes

I like to know exactly what she means by “the church.” Which church? Whose church?

17 Likes

Pretty sure “Shorter Johnson” was one of Stormy Daniel’s nicknames for Trump.

18 Likes

Which church -synagogue, mosque, temple, etc?

4 Likes

It is obvious. Its “The Church”.

4 Likes

Cassidy Hutchinson wearing a white jacket.

4 Likes

All these people live with cameras and mics inches away. There are often media people literally crawling around, hands and knees, on the floor between the witnesses and Committee members while these serious, important, and otherwise formal sessions take place. No particular point to make. It’s just, to me, a striking reminder of how very surreal this entire world must be from the inside

18 Likes

Ms Cassidy knows her optics, good makeup, white jacket, slight sheen of sweat…

11 Likes

Eyes on Trump!

I quite loved the way Thompson called her “Cassie.”

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available