Meadows’ Closest Aide Set To Testify During Surprise Jan. 6 Hearing

Shorter Johnson?: My connection to illegality was no big deal because it never would have worked!

When I slid that note to the bank teller saying “give me all of your money,” I knew there was no way they were actually going to do it!

10 Likes

Ms. Hutchinson may be the key to linking Trump and Meadows to everything and so has requested protective custody going forward.

I hope she tells everything she saw and heard today. This could be the ball-buster for Trump.

29 Likes

He can’t deny knowing her.

2 Likes

An aspect of the J6 day I find poorly explored is Chuck Grassley volunteering that he expected at some point to have to serve out Pence’s role in announcing the results of the state’s electoral submissions to Congress. Seems to be an onion that deserves peeling.

60 Likes

From the article:
Fast forward to yesterday, when Johnson insisted that there was “never going to be a chance of disallowing any elector.”

Ron Johnson:
"Honest, Mr. D.A.!
We didn’t mean to kill Lady Liberty, we just were trying to scare her!
“So I’m only a little seditious,…right?”

15 Likes

Please. TFG has denied knowing people that were in his inner circle. Anything to defend from the truth.

6 Likes

Ya know, if Trump had come clean at the Ellipse and just told the crowd that there were just not enough votes and they must double their efforts to elect “Trump” Candidates up and down the ballots and to use their anger to affect change, register voters, etc., we’d essentially be in the same place we are today, but without the “criminal conspiracy/insurrection” crap. NOT THAT I WANT TO LET TRUMP OFF THE HOOK. But had he done so, he’d still be supporting his candidates, the GQP would still be licking his boots and he might very well have a shot at re-election.

There probably would still have been a march on the Capitol building, but just perhaps it would have been a loud, boisterous protest with maybe some pushing and shoving, but not likely the breech of the building.

But Trump absolutely epitomizes the victimhood of the aggrieved “white” man victim in America, and he can’t help being who he is, even though it is ultimately counterproductive to his own goals. So, hopefully, he aggrieves himself right out of the spotlight and, even more hopefully, into prison. I know, I know…but a boy can dream…

15 Likes

Donald Trump always knew what was going on and what the mob was there to do. This idea that he somehow didn’t realize he was inciting violence and breaking laws is complete bullshit, designed to create some wiggle room for him not getting convicted for everything he’s done.

26 Likes

I still don’t get why this emergency hearing had to be called given she has been deposed by the committee 4 times already and they had her testimony on video. So what is new that prompted this “surprise” hearing?

We shall see (I hope).

9 Likes

Anyone in Trump’s sphere can deny anything, anything at all, and have 70 million MAGA crazed proles believe it. And that’s what they care about, what their base believes. Trump and his minions can literally speak any nonsense into reality.

Rudy Giuliani can portray a stiff pat on the back as a horse collar takedown and MAGAland will believe it.

7 Likes

FIRST ON @CNN- members of the Jan 6 Select Committee met this morning in a secure House briefing room prior to this morning’s hearing. A highly unusual move for this committee. Their work has largely not dealt with classified information. pic.twitter.com/Hs00oPBfCu

— Ryan Nobles (@ryanobles) June 28, 2022
29 Likes

Lying under oath is a federal offense that can lead to up to 5 years in prison or a lifetime position on the Supreme Court.

— Andrew Wortman 🏳️‍🌈🇺🇸 (@AmoneyResists) June 28, 2022
48 Likes

Question: Could the FBI be secretly wiretapping and gathering other evidence on TFG and his band of co-conspirators as we speak?

3 Likes

14 Likes

Just working on the “shooting someone on 5th Ave and not losing a vote” shtick.

7 Likes

O/T Ex-RNC Chair: GOP Will ‘Absolutely’ Kill Filibuster For National Abortion Ban | Crooks and Liars

7 Likes

67 Likes
2 Likes

My guess is that the documentary footage turned out to confirm some really important part of her testimony.

We’ll find out soon enough whether that guess is correct.

21 Likes

I disagree.

1. TFG’s team brought in (“stand back and stand-by”) Proud Boys advance team, inciting the charge and softening the target with “the stack.”
  2. Explicit planning. The White House planned this and had a play for every legal avenue. And other plays for when that ran out, like alternate vote count frauds and invoking Insurrection Act, while he tried to come up with additional ways to “cook the books,” a TFG specialty! Some were in Eastman’s memo and other communications.
  3. TFG apparently had the legal duty and the ordinary moral obligation to do what he could to quickly break up the insurrection. Instead, TFG treasured unleashing the awful violence against our cradle of democracy and U.S. Reps during that timespan.
18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available