Manchin Opposes Dems’ Call To Expand SCOTUS

WVA. Nuff said.

1 Like

For the Supremes? Yeah I would too, but it’s unlikely that could be passed without a waiver for the current justices, and that wouldn’t prevent Roe v. Wade from being struck down. Packing the court ASAP could do that.

2 Likes

The political parties themselves are supposed to represent the FULL panacea of American civilization.

Our political system isn’t supposed to be one side against the other side with the American people “expressing their will” once every so many years.

EACH political part is supposed to represent ALL of us. Unless they do, America cannot succeed.

1 Like

With ACA he is…

Oh FFS, who cares? He’s a committee of one, no one pays any attention to him, he’s the only Democrat who can win in West Virginia, and a Senate majority is much more valuable than a Beautiful Loser campaign to moan about his DINO-ness and primary him.

9 Likes

Ending life terms for federal judges with a retirement age would be better.
Also put someone on the judicial committee that is not a lawyer. Ms. Barrett, why don’t you think americans should have Medicare like you do. Skip the lawyer stuff.

During an interview on CNN, Manchin reasoned that he opposes expanding the Supreme Court because it would hinder the Senate from working “in a bipartisan way.”

That is just fucking hysterical.

7 Likes

Some people can have a whole foot and leg broke off in their ass,and they will think their underwear is tight.
Senator.

1 Like

I find it hard to slam Manchin while expecting Collins to buck her party. We either want folks like this in the Senate or we don’t.

4 Likes

These Barn events were so long ago that the person who shot said horse has since been placed in a nursing home and passed this past march…

3 Likes

Nov 10th is the hearing on ACA, packing the court is not going to change that.

2 Likes

If we win the Senate and the House and the Presidency, will only need 50 Dems plus VP Kamala Harris to expand the court.

So Joe Manchin can go eat a bag of sour cream-and-onion salted dicks.

2 Likes

That is not how it works. The networks invite their guests. And they knew Manchin would be out of sync with most Democrats on these issues. This is typical of the talk shows. They have been conservative-friendly for decades.

11 Likes

The DNC has nothing to do with whether or not a particular Democrat is interviewed.

Manchin is a centrist in a very red state.
And this is not the time to be discussing enlarging SCOTUS in any event.
That discussion is for next year—after we’ve taken control of the government.

14 Likes

I share your concerns…But patience is a funny noun. It can be short-term (like waiting an extra week to plan a trip).

Or long term.

In this case it is related to the five-week slog til November Third. That’s when we will be in any position to at least conceive of a plan to fight the GOP.

If we pout because of people like Manchin (who is, whatever his faults, not a GOPPER) and do not get more Democrats elected, then the noun of “patience” will be used to apply to the wait it takes to removing a Second-Term President Trump, a GOP Majority Senate and a weakened House…all while living under the conditions of a Police State.

You mentioned people under 40. People in their twenties and thirties should be mature enough to understand that.

7 Likes

She’ll be coached to avoid any substantive answers on Roe, the ACA, or anything else. The confirmation hearings have been a joke for the last 15 years at least. It has become completely normal and accepted for a SCOTUS candidate to refuse answering any relevant questions on how they would actually rule, once they got confirmed. Of course that can cut both ways (Roberts), but we don’t have to guess how Barrett would rule.

I think Dems benefit more with a boycott on everything but the final vote, to drive home the point that the process is illegitimate. You can’t call it illegitimate and still engage in that process.

2 Likes

After he has voted for Schumer as Majority leader.

If he stays with that… and saves ACA here and there, he can eat the whatever flavor dick snacks he likes. I think his preference is “Nacho Cheese and my ignorant constituency” flavored

3 Likes

I keep seeing rumors that “Joe” has dementia. At first I thought these online stories were about Biden. Now I know they are most certainly about Joe Manchin.

“Bipartisanship”? Blow me, Manchin. Dems are not in the mood for that “comity” bullshit anymore. Just run as the Republican you’ve always wanted to be, asshole.

Doesn’t matter what she says, she threw a stapler or something according to rumor.
And she helped put a black gangsta who belonged in jail …in jail. Gasp! /s

3 Likes

I’ve noticed more of that recently too.

The presence of Democrats on tv has been very good, but the media folks really want a horse race. There’s a bias in the questions about Democrats losing, or might lose, or countering Trump, or maybe just losing Florida…or… or… or…

Meanwhile, Trump is “appealing to his base.”

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available