Manchin Opposes Dems’ Call To Expand SCOTUS

I just want her to be asked one question:

“President Trump has made it clear that he appointed you to vote in his favor in a contested election. Will you make an unequivocal commitment, here and now, to recuse yourself from any case that comes before the court concerning this election?”

7 Likes

Yes. Agreed. BUT

I want to See Kamala grill her days before voting

4 Likes

You can sit there and eat up your five minutes talking about the weather or how the whole process is illegitimate, don’t even have to ask her a question or let her speak.

But Schumer’s tactics are already clear-- run the clock (on the funding bill, he forced cloture and the clock there, so the vote on that, for example, now can’t happen until sometime on Wednesday, just before a shutdown would start).

And you can’t run the clock if you boycott entirely.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Greetings from WVa, where Manchin is, sadly, the only Democrat with clout

I’m wondering: how many people visiting TPM know that WVa’s other US Senator…
Republican Shelley Moore Capito…is up for re-election this year? And how many of you who want to flip the Senate have contributed to her Democratic opponent, Paula Jean Swearengin?

Capito is very low key and she’s a despicable tRump kisser.

Focus on her, not Joe

6 Likes

Oh this is too rich.

Bothsiderism and horse races
Thats all they care about

5 Likes

I think McConnell figured it was all to be lost anyway.

Voting before they lost looks less bad than after… it’s the only lipstick he has for this pig

2 Likes

He’s been doing this a long time. I think he knows the limits. Surely you don’t think he’s going to swing some independent voters.

That’s why you make DC and PR states first. Then who gives a shit about Manchin. You could also win more senate seats.

5 Likes

Yes, yes it will. :blush:

1 Like

That requires an amendment to the Constitution.
It’s a bad idea.

1 Like

Agree, leave Manchin alone—he’s a Dem Senator in WV that’s a huge win so let him say whatever he wants to keep that seat.

We all need to keep our eyes on the prize and stop revealing our cards. STOP talking about court packing, new statehoods, etc. DO focus on the issues that the seat loss impacts and the election. IF we get Biden in and IF we get the Senate, THEN we can start talking about making changes. Till then, the court seat is gone guys, let it go. Any efforts we spend obstructing this will only backfire.

7 Likes

If it is a blowout it doesn’t draw viewers. So have you keep it close… Thumb, meet Scale…

Republicans of course return the favor by cutting corporate taxes and taxes of the wealthy corporate titans.

1 Like

i understand its his needed political position in W Virginia so this isn’t personnel …

but !@#$%$#@! him and all that bs about bowing down to the bible thumping fascist GOP theocracy

2 Likes

I,'ve been a a Swear Engine myself since we lost RBG

5 Likes

Manchin doesn’t need to go out say we’re expanding the court, but there’s no reason to go out and say he doesn’t support it either.

The idea that people under 40 should just know better and their concerns aren’t to be spoken too is recipe for disaster. Everyone I know is voting this year to get rid of Trump, if Dems keep letting guys like Manchin speak for the party, these voters aren’t going to stick around to vote for the Democrats next time.

@castor_troy

2 Likes

Bingo. Thanks.

Add DC and Puerto Rico first, then we’ll have enough to make Manchin irrelevant.

4 Likes

That is ONE voice from a DINO who has to make noises like that to get elected in W.Virginia.
The rest of the REAL Dems are pissed off enough to do anything to rub Mitch McConnells nose in the very s#!t he has been putting out for years. And I say…go for it!

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available