Manchin Appears To Throw Cold Water On Key To Democrats’ Climate Plan

Nope, he gets the spotlight, he wants the spotlight, and then there’s his donors.

4 Likes

Or on the other coast drowned.
I wonder if we know within the packages how much WV would get? And what types of the projects that would benefit the people of WV as opposed to Joe’s wallet?

3 Likes

Joe Manchin…

The Ben Nelson of Blanche Lincoln’s

4 Likes

Does Manchin want to run against a popularly backed & strongly funded Democrat in the Primary for his senate seat in 2022? He sounds like a guy who wants to test himself in a bare knuckles battle … against people who want to see him held accountable for his enabling of the opposition .

Who in West Virginia would be a viable aggressive principled Democratic candidate… any of these?..

Paula Jean Swearengin (D)
Ben Salango (D)
Ron Stollings (D)
Sam Brown Petsonk (D)
…?

2 Likes

None of them would be viable against Manchin, however much he infuriates us. I’m not in WV, but smarter Dems than I, who know the local environment, confirm.

9 Likes

Well it is a No-Go zone as afar as economic development…

If only a infrastructure bill could help modernize a workforce for the new century…

3 Likes

Surely the party supporti g Them vs Manchin would help.

Not if they can’t win against a Republican challenger. Like it or not, Manchin can.

7 Likes

sorry, but I say that at least twice before noon. you need to increase your total! :laughing:

2 Likes

In his fellow Democratic Senators’ shoes I would make it my life’s mission to make Manchin’s own Senate life as difficult as possible for him.

3 Likes

Joe Manchin’s West Virginia

1st in opioid use
1st in deaths per capita
2nd in poverty and obesity
45th in education
47th in vaccinations
50th in infrastructure

18 Likes

In all his media appearances, has anyone asked him about his children’s future? His grandchildren’s future? Has he ever talked to them about it? Most kids (at least teenagers) are painfully cognizant of the URGENCY of climate change.

6 Likes

This is the third time for posting this 2020 W.V. presidential election map:

IOW, only a DINO can win there.

5 Likes

He’s feeling it now. He’s on a power trip rush.

In this case, it’s more like THE WORLD WONDERS.

(Best radio procedure error ever.)

1 Like

I mean, you aren’t wrong. When I said “or the entire thing falls apart…” that wasn’t meant idly - this really could all come crashing down and everyone goes home with nothing. Just because no one WANTS it to happen doesn’t mean it won’t happen anyway.

This is the big money game - the stakes are high, people play rough, and there ain’t no backsies.

3 Likes

What a fucked up state.

3 Likes

Where’s the urgency? Several dead people in Queens, NY would like a word with you. This fucker is showing the world what a powerful man he is (and protecting his coal-mining donors.) Let’s see what happens when it’s time to vote and he’s gotten his pork.

Yeppers.

1 Like

Apparently, Manchin wants to minimize any investment to help his constituents improve in those rankings. He doesn’t even believe his voters are worth 3/5ths of the Dems original investment goals.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available