Manchin Appears To Throw Cold Water On Key To Democrats’ Climate Plan

Or rather, a shit ton of “clean coal”…

3 Likes

Should’ve been raking.

11 Likes

This just illustrates why we need to expand our Senate margin and keep the House. If we can pick up 2-3 Senate seats, we can then tell Manchin & Sinema to pound sand. This would be the legislative approach to lighting a candle rather than cursing the darkness.

With a true democratic majority, we can codify abortion rights, ban assault weapons, make DC a state, and lower the age for Medicare, as well as a host of popular, democratic initiatives.

9 Likes

Whatever you’re smoking, hope you brought enough to share with the group.

4 Likes

I’m not a big Dana Bash fan but in her interview yesterday she said to his face that “he was bought and paid for by corporate donors” In another interview with Manchin Chuck Todd just sort of drooled and stammered.

9 Likes

We have to aim somewhere - why not for something better than what we have now? People said the same thing about removing the ban on gays in the military and same sex marriage, and yet here we are.

6 Likes

Can we include Texas and Florida in that ban?

2 Likes

Oh, I admire your optimism. Just think you have a very rosy view of what an expanded Democratic majority would/could actually accomplish. They’re not at all in lockstep on most of those issues.

3 Likes

I think he also needs to know that we’ll do everything in our power to elect more truly democratic senators than him and Sinema. Once we have a true majority, we’ll remember their actions and act accordingly.

Hey, I’m amazed that they’ve come this far!

5 Likes

At what point does he step on his own dick? It cannot come soon enough.

5 Likes

ah, throw a bone in the bill that gives his daughter’s employer a huge contract and he will vote for it yesterday

we know what motivates Joe

5 Likes

EPI-pens for $10K/pair, coming right up.

11 Likes

I agree. In fact, these types of stories (in the light of the dozens of meetings currently in progress among people way above our Pay Grade) serve to up the angst.

Which is understandable
And profitable

3 Likes

Well, someone threw a wrench into that expediting deal. Coal accounted for 20% of our electricity in 2020. It will account for 24% in 2021 and 2022 due to higher natural gas prices.

Added:
And those natural gas prices are on a roll today:
Up 31 cents to $5.25

1 Like

Too smart to be a Republican, too dumb too be a Democrat.

5 Likes

In other words, he was his usual self.

11 Likes

He’s not losing yet. He could still make all of US lose. stupid, self-obsessed, attention-addicted jacka$$… I doubt he gives a sh!t about Biden’s presidency, or the country, as long as his GOP paymasters add a zero to his bonus.
I’m sorry - bad mood surfacing… :worried:

3 Likes

He’s gonna get his ass branded for him if he doesn’t shape up PDQ!

2 Likes

At least 10x before noon on any given day…

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available