Loose Cannon Is Making A Mess Of The Mar-a-Lago Case

Same here. Are there no other photos of her in the public domain other than her smirking official headshot that TPM could use?

9 Likes

Backwater district court bench. They confirm all kinds of buffoons to those seats. Circuit court and (especially) Supreme Court seats are much more precious and vigorously scrutinized. And I imagine trump 2: electric boogaloo would be warned against nominating her.

8 Likes

If my definition doesn’t apply, then you’re talking philosophy and not religion.

Yes it’s all about her…the Kim Kardashian of the House…

14 Likes

I like that theory. She’s apparently not stupid – for all the idiots who have gotten their degrees from Duke (or U-M Law), you still have to have some brains to get that far – but she is blinkered, and definitely terrified.

And, of course, knowledge of the law does not necessarily make you a good judge.

6 Likes

Yeah, this was my thought. Immediately move for recusal of Cannon, insert anyone else. I have no idea how legal machinations work though.

3 Likes

Agreed. The money is somewhere, and somewhere is likely not a collection of wide-mouth Ball jars full of Benjamin Franklin portraits buried in the back yard.

18 Likes

Whatever happened to food being a unifying force regardless of race, creed, religion or ethnicity? I’ve been to Canters and it’s classic traditional Kosher style deli.

7 Likes

All generalizations, including this one, are wrong.

7 Likes

The language he used was not the language of political process, but the language of violence and brutality. It was vile and he should apologize at the very least. The only saving grace here is that he’s become a political nonentity. As his poll numbers have fallen, the media has become more aggressive in their reporting of his campaign. That’s not a coincidence.

17 Likes

Adam Klasfeld reports and it seem Jr. just signed anything put before him without knowing what he was signing?

NYAG’s counsel Colleen Faherty continues to systematically confront Don Jr. with his signed certifications to banks and representations on statements of financial condition.

Trump Jr., in turn, continues to emphasize the advice of his lawyers and accountants.

Don Jr. said that he assumed banks would perform their own due diligence.

16 Likes

The only thing surprising about Cannon is not that she’s a cheap party hack (that is also true of most of the Supreme Court), it’s that there is literally nothing that can be done to rein in a rogue justice who decides to make up the law as they go along. There is admittedly some negotiation with the Court of Appeals to find out where their red lines are, but once that is done, you are good to go.

If I was a lawyer, I would quit and take up a more honorable profession. But I’m too old and not good looking enough to be a prostitute, so I guess I would be forced to stay with lawyering.

6 Likes

Don’t give Trump any ideas for Alex Jones.

6 Likes

About as much as Jewish Americans. Which means, nothing.

I did notice that, but took the cheap shot anyway.

2 Likes

Perhaps his wife has an account with sums of money in it that are not congruent with her earnings from her “convert the gays and the sheepshaggers” website or whatever she took down recently.

12 Likes

But it would be nice if someone thought of that, and then went and tried to prove, or disprove the hypothesis.

2 Likes

He (well, the person who wrote the screed) used passive voice, the easy path to plausible deniability.

5 Likes

Tumorville intends to hold out until the orange god-king is re-elected. Then MAGA military leaders will quickly be assigned to take over the military. The slow motion coup proceeds…I hope I’m wrong…

9 Likes

Alex Jones as Chief Justice?

Two things would have to happen.

1. Trump would have to win the Presidency.
  2. The GOP would have to have a super majority in the Senate.

I think if both those things happened Senate Republicans would perform any act of obeisance Trump asked of them. For the most part they aren’t any more independent than the House GOP, so I wouldn’t expect much in the way of spine. But I think the probability of both of those things happening is very small.

3 Likes