Loose Cannon Is Making A Mess Of The Mar-a-Lago Case

Sounds like some cognitive decline to me.

1 Like

Where does one draw a line between philosophy and religion?
My thinking is religions have philosophies but philosophies don’t necessarily coincide with religions.

8 Likes

Pasta is already the perfect food (except if you’re putting pineapple on it). Please feel free to leave it alone.

2 Likes

Oh please. It takes a long time to put together these cases. I get so sick of the attacks on Garland, especially coming from people who have no idea what it actually takes to do something like this.

9 Likes

Does Speaker Mike Johnson Have a Bank Account?

This could be important, but not in the way The Daily Beast has spun it. They make it seem as if he is living paycheck to paycheck, and that supposed fact in and of itself implies he shouldn’t have been elevated to speakership.

My guess is that he may have millions that he’s obtained through Jesus-grifting, and it’s all gone into trust accounts in the Cayman Islands or similar. He doesn’t report the funds for the same reason Clarence Thomas doesn’t: he’s hiding the money.

Maybe the press should start looking at it from that angle.

29 Likes

This literally made me LOL. One thing about Trump 2.0 we can be sure of, he will have no guard rails and he will ignore any “warnings.” I’m sure he blames his 2020 non-loss on party apparatchiks undermining him. Note how Fed Soc is no longer considered extreme enough for the new flavor of Trumpism.

Frankly I don’t see how she would be any worse than the rest of the hacks on the SC. It would be the equivalent of nominating Cincinattus as a senator. Come to think of it, would Cincinattus be any worse than Tommy Tuberville? Surely immeasurably better if anything.

6 Likes

Some generalizations can be informative, but others have “margins of error” that are very broad and are no better than uninformed opinion.

8 Likes

Hang in there my friend! May your healing be quick and uneventful.

12 Likes

Of course, and in the context of all the other things we know about his promise to abuse power, he could make that happen however he wants.

2 Likes

Back in August I said this:

(Where “this one” is Cannon’s trial.")

Folks weren’t having it then.

3 Likes

I thought that retort was humorous, thanks. I don’t need my world view rubber stamped like the fanatic religionists or the fanatic atheists do.

6 Likes

I’m pretty much a cash-on-the-nail guy. I still have to have a credit card and a debit card and I write the occasional paper check, too. You can’t get by in today’s economic realities very easily without those tools.

When I had to take Mrs Strad to an urgent-care center last month, I decided that I wanted something to drink while I sat in the waiting area wondering if I was going to catch COVID for Round 2. I asked her if she wanted some coffee. She said, “Sure.” So I walked across the parking lot to Mickey D’s Home of the Golden Arches. No one working the counter: I had to order using their stupid touch-screen system. It wasn’t set up to take cash, so I had to go stand at the counter waiting for someone to notice I was there, so I could complete my order. Finally one of Ronald McD’s minion noticed me.

“Why didn’t you use your debit card at the kiosk?” she asked me.

“Because I don’t want to use a debit card or a credit card. I want to pay cash.”

“Well, this is very inconvenient!” she said.

I agreed that it is very inconvenient, and I promised to never darken her door again, if she would only take my cash and complete my order for me. If it had been me on my own, I would have left. But I’d promised my wife a latte…so I stuck with it.

23 Likes

I’m not absolutely certain, but I got the impression that @richardinjax was the surgeon. Perhaps I’m misconstruing.

9 Likes

On today’s episode of “TWITTER MUST DIE”…

Scott Davenport

@scottdavenport

·

6h

The simple fact I can’t say I’m not interested in seeing #detrans, should really show everyone what kind of person

@elonmusk

really is. When will people stop worshipping that useless man?

If you are not actively working to ruin it and kill it, you are doing it wrong.

4 Likes

I don’t think that criticizing these idiots will get you called anti semitic, but accusing all Jews of being responsible for what is happening in Gaza probably would.

I think most people, not the extremes, are capable of seeing the difference. I don’t think the civilians in Israel deserved to be tortured, murdered or kidnapped and I don’t believe that civilians in Gaza deserve to die either. It seems some people are confused about that.

9 Likes

I wonder if he listens to warnings anymore. I don’t question the accuracy of your observations, but I do worry that he’s crossed a line for a certain kind of revanchist attack on society. I worry that trump 2: electric boogaloo (yep that sticks) will be driven by rage and a desire to punish everyone he views as “his enemies.” From where I’m sitting James Madison’s believe that faction could help minimize the dangers of popular government may have passed its limits. The cult of personality isn’t really faction, but more akin to religion.

9 Likes

In some ways, you’re right. But the legal eagles on the Senate Judiciary Committee fancy themselves to be principled purveyors of constitutional law, not just trump fluffers. Aileen Cannon’s SCOTUS nomination would go splat just like Harriet Miers did (remember her?).

7 Likes

Unhappy with the state of affairs and how Trump is still ruining this country? Not this guy:

dancing putin

4 Likes

It’s there, but you need to throw it at the wall and see what sticks.

8 Likes

Related:

396849019_10160848772885240_3171023673817391873_n

19 Likes