Loose Cannon Is Making A Mess Of The Mar-a-Lago Case

If any of these courts find trump disqualified under the 14th, SCOTUS is going to squash it – and rightly so – as a non-justiciable political question that’s up to Congress to decide.

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/artIII-S2-C1-9-1/ALDE_00001283/

3 Likes

“Equivalent of nominating Cincinnatus”
I guess we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

2 Likes

True, but Even Mittens shows a spine on occasion. A super majority insures the 50 votes and could only happen if we had a Trump sweep. That Trump sweep would be almost exclusively sycophants and toadies. That’s the part that makes me suspect it’s very unlikely.

For me, the distinction is when an invisible higher power or authority is invoked as a rationale for a premise, along with a systemic requirement for belief rather than “I don’t know.”

BTW, I’m talking about organized religions here following on the Carlin reference, not personal belief systems where people often mix belief, philosophy, agnosticism etc.

2 Likes

It’s hard to be sure of anything anymore. But there are un posed images of the damage the bombes caused and the body psrts and mangled corpses of ones obviously not old enough to heft a rifle.
I want the carnage and abuse in this war to

stop

4 Likes

Preemptive strikes.

5 Likes

The Book of Betty Crocker’s got all the scripture i need. My edition is so old, it even has pictures! Sure, the ink is a reddish/brown in color (same as the text), but this Book taught me the divinity of making my own Spaghetti, and its brethren Ravioli, and Gnocchi, and Linguini with Guido Sarducci.

9 Likes

FYI…these places don’t like cash because of robberies…the owners impress that on the employees when they hire them., and a lot of the employees are kids.

2 Likes

The Chianti also slows everyone down.

6 Likes

If Trump does win and it better not I’m pretty sure it would be a clean sweep- senate, house and Whitehouse. I don’t see Trump winning and not getting the other two.
Mittens is retiring next year so one less voice of semi reason for Senate Republicans. I don’t see any of them standing up to Trump for any of his Supreme Court picks.

Is this the ONLY picture of this woman? Surely someone has a different photo, maybe a “friend” or some other news outlet has snapped her picture going in and out of court, or holding up a convenience store…

6 Likes

If they can waste three weeks just to select a Speaker, then, sure, why not this? It couldn’t be more obvious it’s Trump calling the shots in the Republican led House.

5 Likes

Thanks, I stand corrected. I’ve kind of tried to reverse-engineer the Senate rules from their behaviour but it’s obvious that that method only gets you so far.

1 Like

Which was less than two years removed from the acts they ended up charging him with. And by the time Jack Smith did charge him, they had everything prepared to put it on a real fast track to trial with Judge Chutkan.

24 Likes

I’m okay with it. It’s the smirking gun that gives away the plot.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Both in the political arena due to the power of sportsball (and perhaps not coincidentally, a form of sportsball which is known to induce brain damage).

4 Likes

No, no, no, no.

The bible is The Joy of Cooking.

In truth, my mom had the old Betty Crocker cookbook in a binder. I think my sister has it now. When my brother got married, I searched the bookstores in and around UCLA for the mid 1970 version of that Betty-in-Binder cookbook. I could not find it. I ended up giving him and my sister-in-law the then-current paperback version of the Betty Crocker cookbook.

But in terms of really teaching you how to cook, the Rombauers have it all over Betty Crocker.

7 Likes

That’s a good take but not all “organized religions” are dogmatic. A few actually encourage the independent investigation of truth. Like I said, like mineral extraction, it’s necessary to dig deep before drawing inaccurate conclusions and generalizations.

1 Like

What a friend we have in cheeses.

( “stollen” from a cocktail napkin)

7 Likes