Larry Elder Campaign Touts Website Already Saying Newsom Won Via Voter Fraud

Damon Linker brought that point up also:

Then there’s the more self-interested lesson that telling Republican voters that the system is rigged against them could easily lead to a kind of political fatalism or passivity. That arguably played a small but electorally decisive role in the party’s narrow loss of two special elections for Senate seats in Georgia last Jan. 5.
Yet the evidence is decidedly mixed — and that, I suspect, is what leads so many Republicans to go along with the lies.

And regarding amping up the base like was done on January 6th and likely the 18th of this month:

And couldn’t it prove politically potent to keep them riled up and motivated to cast ballots in the upcoming 2022 midterm elections and then in 2024 for the next presidential contest, kind of like a standard get-out-the-vote operation amped up on amphetamines?

This, I suspect, is what GOP officeholders are thinking — that they can and must try to ride the tiger of the Republican base. And that if they do, the rewards could be substantial, just as the electoral consequences for the party going forward could be catastrophic if they fail.

12 Likes

1670795779-857897c3b45b55b98c5bbc1b9ce93339

6 Likes

OT: has this been shared yet? It’s good news:

29 Likes

Larry the Elder looks and talks like he should be President of a 3rd world Dictatorship like Swaziland.

12 Likes

And they won’t have the ability to shoot unarmed Black people so it’s a net positive.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Why can’t we do both?

Last night, David Plouffe made the same observation…not only regarding this recall, but subsequent elections.

6 Likes

Remember when that evil prick would go on Trinity Broadcasting and gloat about people who died from AIDS. Just a really sick evil twisted freak who was blindsided by his own stupidity to die from Covid.

20 Likes

I’d call it good-ish news rather than good news outright.

This only enjoins Right To Life Texas from filing suits under SB-8. Other groups and individuals are free to file suits.

4 Likes

I saw something about Al Franken running again? Would love for that to be true!

13 Likes

They employ a recall mechanism that is anti-democratic. The number of signatures needed to initiate the process is ridiculously low. Sorting out the results of a recall there is also ridiculous. For the democratically Governor to survive he or she must clear 50%. But the eventual winner can be seated with a low plurality of 25 % or even less.

That sets up abuse and the GOP has done it more than once. Ask Arnold about that. Elder NEVER had a chance. The California GOP must be led by idiots to allow that asshole to be their man. I wouldn’t be surprised if Newsom gets 60% or more but the GOP screams fraud. Actually fraud is the only way Elder could win.

18 Likes

“Enyart—whose Real Science Radio Show website railed against what it described as the “imagined” burden of COVID-19 cases on hospitals, offered advice on treating the virus from the Bible”

Who knew that the Bible offered medical advice.
From the book of Ivermectin…

12 Likes

I agree with you on that.

In fact, the only good news about the abominable Texas abortion law is the pushback from those Americans (women and men) who see it for the menace it is.

Torpor is not a strategy on this one.

7 Likes

Saw an article that said he was doing an 15 city comedy tour and focusing on comedy for now. He maintains his PAC, however, and did not deny the possibility of running again sometime in the future.

So give it time. Hopefully he will run again.

12 Likes

The former mayor of San Diego Kevin Faulconer would have been the only Republican who could have gained traction and run a competitive race against Newsom. Unlike Larry the Elder he’s not a climate denier and favors immigration reform.
This is what happens to a Republican Party radicalized by talk radio akin to 1990’s Rwanda.

14 Likes

The loathsome George Will just made that point about the GOP. It’s a good bit even for an asshole like him.

5 Likes

Sort of OT:

This tremendous article in this month’s Texas Monthly about how Hispanics in the Rio Grande valley are bucking voting trends and gradually voting more conservatively in local, state, and national elections. Ostensibly, its angle is that this doesn’t bode well for Democrats’ hopes to turn Texas more purple, but it also does a really deep dive into the complex questions of how Hispanics self-identify in South Texas and that question’s implications for politics. The tl;dr version is that if Dems want to do better in the Valley, they can’t just blithely assume that people with Spanish-sounding surnames will just vote for Democrats because that’s what they do in California and the Northeast.

ETA: A couple of people’s replies to this actually bear out the article’s point about the risks inherent in seeing all Hispanics in monolithic terms. Many people in the Valley can trace their history in the region back to the time when Texas was settled by Spain in the 18th century–this means they have a rather different relation to place than do Hispanics whose families have been in this country for a mere century or two. I want these people to see value in voting for Democrats, too, but to just assume they want hand-outs from the government is flat-out wrong, and insulting to their sense of how they see themselves.

13 Likes

I caN atteST that BIDEn’s GEstapo HAs alreaDY don thiS!!

6 Likes

Republican shrieking about cheating before people have even voted, and with no evidence for this claim – is there any clearer sign that he’s a LOSER? It’s an entire political party of LOSERS.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available