Jury Expected To Begin Deliberations Today - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Yup. That’s what her teachers always said. And to think they could have provided the help she needed back then, too. Such lost opportunities. Sad. :disappointed:

3 Likes

For once in his worthless life he has to sit still and shut up. No diet cokes. No cellphone. No toadies fluffing him. He has had to surrender all control to Judge Merchan. I only wish we could get hourly blood pressure readings.

21 Likes

And, a lot of people help others selflessly in the name of humanity. I’m in that camp, along with about a third of the nation who identify their religion as “none.”

As I said, above, check out the WaPo front page today about sex abuse of children in the “Indian Schools,” of the 1950s-60s and beyond.

13 Likes

Just waiting for Texas Republicans to blame this on Hunter Biden and the Chinese…

5 Likes

Time to crank up Estimated Prophet.

“Rudy’s time coming any day…”

1 Like

It’s what she does. She’s filed complaints against Beryl Howell

And Judge Engoron.

And lobbied that Cohen should be prosecuted.

She’s an unconstrained litigiomaniac and 0°K absolute berk!

31 Likes

I recall listening to a radio documentary on this subject not long ago. It was disturbing, and reminiscent of the Australian film Rabbit-Proof Fence.

16 Likes

I’m not arguing that people only act selflessly via religion. Of course people do it for non-religious reasons too. It’s just that, like a lot of things, it’s a mixed bag. The Catholic Church has done terrible things and good things. And the Protestant fundamentalists are trying to destroy our democracy. Yet in the past, there was the Social Gospel movement.

But the radical ideas that are basic to Christianity are being violated by the bad actions, not followed. So I’m just saying it’s not something that can be safely generalized about, no matter how bad the bad things are. (And yeah, they’re horrifying.)

14 Likes

That’s cold.

20 Likes

And he’s still not going to pick her for VP.

13 Likes

Re: Stefanik, just goes along with the perception that Blue State House wingnuts/MAGAts are arguably the most toxic of all, because their utter nihilism to hang on to their district fiefdoms at war with their neighbors and spout crap they evidently don’t really believe makes them that much more loathsome.

7 Likes

So, just a general question. Is TDFG likely to get called on his cutesy note that he strategically placed on his table and got photographed in court yesterday? I’m sure he thought it extremely clever.

5 Likes

The MF has had his fair trial. Now it’s time to lock him up.

8 Likes

Given his displayed taste in women, I tend to agree. That’s not Stefanik’s fault. Her problem is that she’s a walking, talking outrage generator, almost as much as Trump. There’s only room for one carnival barker on the ticket and that’s that. If he wants to get that Suburban mom vote, Katie Britt or someone like that fits the bill. Cute, but not glamorous and prim, proper and silently preposterous in her beliefs.

16 Likes

Stefanik is from a red district in a blue state. You’d think she would try a little harder to play well with others, especially since she could easily get gerrymandered right out of her seat.

9 Likes

I agree, and I would say that we both agree that religious beliefs and practices have no place in any of our government or public affairs. :pray:t3:

14 Likes

Damaged children grow up to be damaged adults. The sexual abuse of children still does not seem to get the same level of scrutiny and punishment as, say, a black man selling loose cigarettes on a city street. How much of our society’s dysfunction can be traced back to a broken child?

16 Likes

I love that the moron thinks he should have “rights” in the face of a judge’s gag order. Because yeah, that’s how it works!

He must be raging inside every second he can’t weave his web of small words and inane flailing.

11 Likes

Religious beliefs and practices belong to the realm of personal privacy - that same realm the Republican party is trying to abolish when it comes to women’s rights to adequate healthcare, sexual relations between consenting adults, and more.

14 Likes

Y u gotta put that kinda pressure on us!? :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes