Jury Expected To Begin Deliberations Today - TPM – Talking Points Memo

The words Stefanik and dazzling intelligence are never used in the same sentence.

7 Likes

He has to pick someone. The only knock on Stefanik is that she’s not a hottie. She ticks all the other boxes. And frankly, there’s peremptory cause to strike each and every other one of the aspirants.

9 Likes

Maybe, diaper checks, too? I wonder how he will be taking his meds if he has to sit in the courtroom all day? What do they have to do to clear and secure the bathrooms for his visits, and personal meltdowns.

4 Likes

Yes, I am 100% with you on that! They should never, ever mix at all.

And the irony to me is that the Baptists bowing before the former president used to be staunchly against religion in government, because they were being beaten and jailed by the Puritans for their beliefs.

10 Likes

Surely they have installed a golden toilet for his exclusive use. Dr. Ronny Feel Good Jackson has probably taken care of his medicinal needs.

5 Likes

Only because I know you can do it!

11 Likes

Sherlock Stefaniak has cracked the case! Call off all the indictments, it was clearly Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with the lead pipe! This is just another example of a politician who has lost whatever sliver of a brain she once had and fully succumbed to Trump Derangement Syndrome. She also does not understand the laws of probability.

12 Likes

Yes, persecution is pretty much in the eye of the beholder – whether on the giving end, or the receiving one.

3 Likes

I only saw up to “totally.” What else?

2 Likes

Her name is too long. The logo won’t look good.

2 Likes

What if one of us is having a terrible morning and pretending to have a good morning, or worse, having a good morning and pretending to have a terrible one?

7 Likes

She won’t help him win a swing state and NY will go for Biden, so that’s an un-ticked box. But that’s a problem with some of the other candidates too. Kari Lake might have been an option if she wasn’t running for senate in AZ.

I think if he picks a woman – and he should, for the Suburban Moim vote and to femsplain abortion restrictions – it does have to be a hottie. He’s too obsessed with media appearance. If it’s a male VP pick he can be a little more flexible on looks, as long as it isn’t someone taller than him.

7 Likes

Eventually we need a full GQP Kompromat dump. She’s guaranteed to be on there. You can be super corrupt in any corner of this nation but in the tri-state area the possibilities seem particularly delectable because the wealth is so concentrated.

5 Likes

that’s why the baggy pants and suits – All those medicinal bags with metered pumps, lines and ports to hide… :laughing:

6 Likes

Not volunteering for that task. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Aside from anything else that might delay sentencing, no one is sentenced without undergoing a presentencing process. From an article in today’s WaPo:

"If convicted, Trump could face other conditions he may consider insulting, including a required inmate review by New York City’s Department of Probation.

"The probation office on the 10th floor of the Manhattan Criminal Courthouse prepares presentencing reports for judges. There, Trump would be interviewed about his personal history, his mental health and the circumstances that led to his conviction.

"Lawyers say the process is humbling.

“If you think the courtroom is dingy, just wait until you go to the probation office,” said Daniel Horwitz, a white-collar criminal defense attorney in New York and former prosecutor in the Manhattan district attorney’s office."

I think social workers are also asked to weigh in, at least sometimes, for instance to determine how much a family depends on the person convicted and the conditions of life at home. For instance, a first-time offender convicted of a non-violent theft, who lives with a partner and their children in a household free of illegal drug use, might get a break from the judge.

19 Likes

Emerging Portrait of Judge in Trump Documents Case: Prepared, Prickly and Slow

That nonsense headline makes me puke. NYT, you got a lot to answer for, you equivocating quislings!

11 Likes

I’m less clear on whether Trump has reason to think Steinglass’s argument was as disastrous for him as he seems to think it was.

If a few members of the jury stopped paying attention halfway through to what Steinglass was saying, then one has reason to think Steinglass hurt his case. However, if the jury members were paying attention until the end, even with a wish that the summation had been shorter, then he was right to be so thorough. Some people can bore you after 30 minutes, especially with disjointed repetitions. Others can hold your attention for hours, with a continuous stream of new information that makes you want to stay focused until the narrative reaches its conclusion. We’ll see what the jury finally says.

16 Likes

Then open up a box of wine :wine_glass:

13 Likes

Katie Phang

Today’s emotional support group for Trump includes: Boris Epshteyn, Jason Miller, Steven Cheung, and Don Jr.

12 Likes