Jury Expected To Begin Deliberations Today - TPM – Talking Points Memo

This appears to be the case, which is insane.

3 Likes

I know they should be weighing the evidence and the facts as they have been put in front of them and they probably are, but the individual in question is a former president and it’s unprecedented. I wonder if this aspect colors their deliberations?

1 Like

Nah, no pressure, none at all. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Damn right! He’s our nation’s version of Saddam Hussein, vis a vis covid.

3 Likes

He won’t spend any time in jail for this. He should have been chucked in prison after his coup attempt, pending trial.

1 Like

I don’t feel the urge to speculate on that, but I wonder what the bookie odds are for prison? They were wrong about Clinton winning in 2016. Let’s just say, there was a ‘Black Swan’ event, or several. It’s been a whole endless lamentation since then. That’s why I don’t care to speculate.

1 Like

Rookie mistake by Starnes. Never imply that GLOATUS 45 is weak or afraid.

8 Likes

Yeah ! Cool idea - Judge has told Trump & his attorneys that they MUST remain in the very immediate vicinity -
But - sure - recommend that Trump disregard the judge & flee over 1,000 miles away … brilliant strategy … jeez Todd, you are stupid!

5 Likes

Absolutely 100% certain - regardless of the way that this goes - in less than an hour after the verdict is announced - it will be imperative to hammer him right between the eye with another critical blockbuster issue - something that will stagger him !
Because, as soon as this matter appears to conclude - Trump is going to want to start attacking to change the narrative. He must not be allowed to gain control of the narrative- so, just as he goes into his windup to throw out an attack - he has to be hit with a fierce figurative blow that hurts him politically - seriously - and prevents him from regaining momentum - in effect- break his pitching hand.

He cannot be allowed to stagger to his feet !
He cannot be allowed to have a 3-4 week “recovery” period to regain his strength.

5 Likes

And I promise to never ask Santa for any more Christmas presents…ever!

1 Like

This is worthwhile watching. I came away from this thinking that we are witnessing the beginning of the Von Schitzenpantz Disaster. He’s going down. Oh the huge mantittys!!! :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrMGehvogJQ&t=2429s

(It is tonight’s Legal AF, Meidas Touch)

Sleep well, everyone!

2 Likes

Well then quit saying you hope you are RIGHT!

1 Like

Thanks for posting that link!

1 Like

That’s AP style. Most newspapers follow it.

1 Like

I have been in an Oxford Coma, until noon the next day, after a night visiting every pub in the Thames valley.

@texastoast

1 Like

You and I must be reading very different articles. While the one I looked at made a couple of points in her favor, it’s largely an evisceration of an inexperienced judge wholly unready for the responsibility thrust on her.

How else can you interpret a line like “One of (her) most enduring habits is her tendency to ask the same question several times. It is never quite clear if she does not understand the answers she is receiving or is trying to push back against them.”

1 Like

And Faux News strays (or is that charges blindly forward) into the start of jury doxxing.

Jesse Watters attacks “DEI” jurors in Trump hush money trial

JESSE WATTERS (HOST): The jury has two lawyers on it who work in Manhattan corporate law firms with DEI all over their websites. They know the charges are Frankenstein, they went to law school, they know better.

But what do you think happens if they find Trump not guilty and show up to work next week? Corporate law firms in New York City are about as political a place as you can work, outside of politics. These types of firms all work for and donate to Democrats. Their reputations and their careers are in jeopardy.

I listened to it several times. It sure sounds like “we’re White”, not right.

2 Likes

Anyone heard from @khyber900 ?

4 Likes

I like how you slipped in that Bulwinkle quote.

2 Likes