Jury Expected To Begin Deliberations Today - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Michigan doesn’t have a lock on the GOP civil war thing.

Why do you say that?

The instructions went into some detail about what that could mean in this case, and it was pretty broad - for instance. participating in the scheme, even if not the instigator.

1 Like

She might be auditioning . . . for the Hallmark ambassador to genocide.

Oh, that’s cool both trials I sat on we weren’t allowed to take notes which was hard enough in a 4 day trial, can’t imagine a 4 week long trial

3 Likes

Along with other progressive long-term radiation damage, my mitral valve had gotten to where it was barely opening. Blood flowing through your veins is not overrated.

4 Likes

Instead of figurative flinging of poo, it’s literal.

3 Likes

Protection is a privilege given to former Presidents, iirc, it’s not mandatory.

1 Like

It’s mandatory and, since 2012, is guaranteed for life.

1 Like

Oh my! What a vivid picture. Having just had a child barf their way over a mountain pass on our way home from Memorial Day, a very vivid picture indeed (we put the kid in the front seat and they succeeded in using a bag each time, but it was not pleasant and the dog went nuts every time we pulled over.)

4 Likes

Whose vote? Whose political will? The Southern Black vote was entirely at the mercy of Southern white racists - and that was the majority of them. The fact that they couldn’t be challenged at the ballot box was the entire point of the Civil Rights movement.

Like with the Civil War, emancipation, and the few years of Reconstruction, it took Northern (and national, but the hands of the North) institutions to enforce the laws that were on the books. As soon as enforcement was taken away, so was the franchise, the right of self-determination, and all effective political power.

ETA: Fixed embarrassing spelling error that would have gotten me thrown out of the family if they saw it.

2 Likes

There’s hope for an OJ style car chase after all!

5 Likes

I hope that the request for reviewing testimony again is a sign that maybe he’ll be found guilty on all charges and that the jurors want to make it look like they reviewed the evidence carefully, which I’m sure they are. After all, there’s mountains of evidence.

2 Likes

Or more likely, Trump One slowly taxiing down the runway.

2 Likes

No specific outcome is guaranteed, but the requests can only be interpreted as positive signs.

3 Likes

I agree.

4 Likes

I think he should go to The Hague. I hear a certain Jack Smith has spent a lot of time there, but for different reasons.

4 Likes

Any verification on that or was it just speculation in the story?

1 Like

You have lead an interesting life – Amusement Park Cotton Candy as a first job – I’d bet you had a lot of good stories about that. When you got to the “Trump Hair Cotton Candy” I shuddered, several times. It would be like trying to stretch out that old fiberglass artificial snow blanket under the Xmas trees. Bare hands shredded with cuts and blood… << more shudder >>

2 Likes

You were lucky! We spread the crumbling asbestos blanket and we loved it!

2 Likes