Jan. 6 Never Ended And Is Still Ongoing To This Day

Is Kitty de-clawed? Because Kitty looks like they really, really want to take a swipe at a certain someone. And I want it to hurt.

4 Likes

8 Likes

So much fascism to do on Day 1 that, gosh, I’m afraid it may leak into Day 2, but he said he was only going to be a dictator on Day 1. I don’t know what to think about this…

I mean, do you think he could have lied?

18 Likes

New UNEP emissions gap report highlights a “massive gap between rhetoric and reality” and calls for a “quantum leap” in ambition to deliver Paris goals, as the world is way off-track today.

I hate it when non-physicists use ‘quantum leap’ as if it connotes something big. ‘Quantum’ is derived from ‘quantity’, or ‘count’ in English. In quantum physics, a quantum leap is the ability of a particle to move from one energy level to another without occupying any intermediate level. It is the tiniest increment possible, but surprising because its nature violates what we know in the macro world. A ‘quantum leap’ in salary would earn you $1 more a year before taxes. W/R/T climate change, we need far more than tiny incremental changes.

25 Likes

And take all his money and give it to the Department of Education.

19 Likes

Re all those election deniers and members of the “Trump Army”:

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” – George Orwell, “Nineteen Eighty-Four”

31 Likes

She did say “the wretched refuse of your teeming shores”, as in you are welcome in America, but per usual, the true meaning of her beautiful poem went way over his head.

ETA: I just noticed @zandru beat me to this observation.

8 Likes

Which one of these isn’t the same?

FDR-“Nothing to fear but fear itself”

JFK-“Ask not what you can do for your country”

Reagan-“America is a shining city on a hill”

Trump- “America is a garbage can for the world”

42 Likes

I would really love to tell you you’re wrong. God, I would love to tell you that you’re wrong. But I just can’t, and everybody in here knows it…:rage:

8 Likes

Even 2900 seems a stretch

21 Likes

Chaos and upheaval are only good for business as long it’s the kind that doesn’t interrupt their business.

15 Likes

Remember: it’s in every media outlet’s interest to make this race look as close as possible. They want you anxious.

27 Likes

I’m always afraid I’m falling into the “unskewing the polls” trap but these breakdowns seem objectively wonky.

11 Likes

Donnie is the true “garbage”.

10 Likes

He does have some clearances because of the value of his space technology.

But, yeah. Who knows what he’s been telling Putin?

8 Likes

From WaPo:

In addition to the soft-serve swirled poop replica, the desk in the middle of the National Mall near 3rd Street NW also held a rendering of an office phone and a nameplate with Rep. Nancy Pelosi’s name on it.

“This memorial honors the brave men and women who broke into the United States Capitol on January 6, 2021 to loot, urinate and defecate throughout those hallowed halls in order to overturn an election,” a plaque reads on a pedestal below the desk. “President Trump celebrates these heroes of January 6th as ‘unbelievable patriots’ and ‘warriors.’ This monument stands as a testament to their daring sacrifice and lasting legacy.”

38 Likes

Yeah, man, it’s a crap shoot. Why not try fascism on for size. We can always take it back, right?

31 Likes

Fixed it.

11 Likes

As I read through Morning Memo this AM it is coming pretty clearly into view what has been on my mind for some time. I think there are too many stressors here for the American experiment to survive this election. This is the breaking point. The question is, how much will people living in America tolerate before they organize as they see their daughters and wives die from lack of women’s health care, see the economy wrecked, our alliances in tatters, social security gone, their neighbors and workers deported, media shut down . . . what will be the spark for them to resist all of it, violently if necessary? And what will the military do? Abide by an oath to Trump, or the Constitution? And what will that Constitution even look like once reformulated by a corrupt judiciary?

Madame Defarge is already knitting . . . .

15 Likes

Today’s the day that the army has been instructed to release records related to tsf’s Arlington National Cemetery visit.

It won’t be a good look for tsf and he’ll probably be trashing our military once again. If only he had hitler’s generals. smh.

52 Likes