Jan. 6 Committee Subpoenas Republican State Lawmakers, Trump Campaign Officials | Talking Points Memo

Some have duct tape in their safety kits as well, IIRC.

8 Likes

The New Mexico Republicans also sent a fake slate. This, in a state where Biden won by over 20%, the Secretary of State is a Dem, the governor is a Dem, and the legislature is Dem-dominated in both houses. Oh, and the Congressional delegation was pure Dem, until 2021 when Herrell slipped in for District 2. Having a trump win wasn’t even plausible.

22 Likes

Don’t we all?

9 Likes

Thank heaven for that! I should have figured the designers might have thought of that safety precaution.

2 Likes

An unenforced subpoena is not really a subpoena. It’s just a request by the impotent Committee to please please please come talk to us. I award them no points.

Yeah, zip-ties are probably a lot easier. I think a straitjacket would make a better statement, though!

6 Likes

Yep. Handyman’s secret weapon.

4 Likes

Seven states (technically, the GOP in seven states, not the states themselves) sent in alternafraud slates: AZ, GA, MI, NM, NV, PA, WI. In PA and NM, they inserted weaselword contingency language that likely lets them off the legal hook. That is the only difference in the text of the seven states’ alternafraud submissions, aside from the necessary (names of states, names of signatories, etc.).

8 Likes

A little duct tape in the right spot and the problem of a disruptive passenger is solved, in a minute or less.

8 Likes

They’d use an iron maiden, but the passengers seated in the last row keep sneaking into it.

4 Likes

Criminal conspiracy, election fraud, high crimes against America, treason, theft, fraud…after a while, you’re talking serious charges.

6 Likes

Yep.

14 Likes

I had a last row seat on a trans-Atlantic flight once. Yeah, I think the iron maiden might have been preferable!

5 Likes

Tick tock, tick tock…

2 Likes

1 Like

Ward and Finchem engage in some legit political discourse and suddenly: subpoenas! America in chains!

10 Likes

You beat me to it, so I’ll just add that the idiot’s grasp of physics and airplane design is very probably a lot like his understanding of immunology.

16 Likes

All kinds of uses for duct tape.

1 Like

Let’s Go Brandon!

2 Likes

You beat me to it, so I’ll just add that the idiot’s grasp of physics and airplane design is very probably a lot like his understanding of immunology.

You grease the door with a little ivermectin, and bingo!

7 Likes