Jan. 6 Committee Obtains Draft Trump-Era Order Laying Out Plan To Seize Voting Machines | Talking Points Memo

I’m very curious myself to see which exact clown car they were in and where it was supposed to be headed.

5 Likes

Kind of. But the wait has been so long for something on Trump and/or Republican hijinx in his name that actually takes hold – going back to Mueller days – that I’m pretty numb.

2 Likes

Well, like many old things, maybe it’s time to retire it.

We saw firsthand in 2020 how exactly that can be turned into something entirely different, like an insurrection.

Can talk all they like about exit polls or whatever, but releasing actual vote counts as they come in, not as a total tally, leads directly to the next Big Lie.

3 Likes

That’s how it’s done here in the heart of the maga confederacy, Alabama.

3 Likes

They’ll double down in their belief. It is the way of cults.

26 Likes

There are rules and regulations involved, you know. Clark wouldn’t be appointing Sidney Fucking Powell to be anything. And the attempt to make Clark the Acting AG came two weeks after this dumb draft order.

4 Likes

Russkie Flynn definitely was in the meetings and encouraging the coup.

Jury’s out on Bro Flynn. We know he played a role in delaying the NG on Jan 6th, but we don’t know why he was doing so, and for which team.

Very significant, though, that the military and Biden himself let Bro Flynn take a major command and get to pin on his fourth star last summer. To me that reads that there’s no dirt on him or even any suspicion that he was doing naughty things.

18 Likes

Texas. Go figure…

He was appointed to the U.S. District Court by (wait for it)

President Donald T****.

16 Likes

Except, they didn’t do that when it counted. The FL 2000 exit polls accurately reflected how the voters thought they had just voted. Fucking butterfly ballot moving 10,000 votes from Gore to Buchanan made the difference, and the media refused to say it even with their own exit polls reflecting that.

16 Likes

Is that all Cipollone did, or did he possibly threaten to spill the beans?

2 Likes

Crowd control would also be a headache.

7 Likes

That’s how I read it. I just want to know exactly what his assigned mission was and how far he got with it.

I don’t think Bro Flynn has much to do with Russkie Flynn. I mean, I don’t associate with my brother, either, so I get it.

2 Likes

Thanks. My personal experience in recent years is I fill out a paper ballot. One of the volunteers runs it through a scanning machine.

FWIW, it seems like having a separate machine to fill out a paper ballot, which the voter then has to check, creates an unnecessary step.

8 Likes

Now, That is a visual that made me chuckle.

2 Likes

What Clutch said.

Yes, I wouldn’t mind waiting to find out.

3 Likes

Worse than those troughs they used to have at Fenway Park!

4 Likes

Yep. New crimes added to the plot & new crooks added to the cast almost daily.

13 Likes

All we’d be doing with that is changing the style of grievance. Instead of Evil Voting Machines, we’d be inundated with screams about Corrupt Vote Counters.

There is no win in paper ballots if all you are concerned about are Merkin magats.

1 Like

When all this stuff was swirling around in the moment, it was (at least for me) a little harder to take seriously. It still is, because of how nuts it is, but looking back and realizing they meant to do this kind of thing is actually pretty staggering. It was like a collective madness that led them all to think they could do any goddamn thing they felt like. The term “reality distortion field” really doesn’t do justice to the hysteria and insane ideas of what was possible this gang of freaks had whipped themselves into.

41 Likes

Relying on handwriting’s a bitch in counting ballots, people do all sorts of weird shit like circle the box instead of filling it in, crossing out one vote and making it another, stuff like that.

At least in theory, having them do it all on the computer then print out the final eliminates a lot of ballots being tossed.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available