Jan. 6 Committee Obtains Draft Trump-Era Order Laying Out Plan To Seize Voting Machines | Talking Points Memo

Because now we have the smoking details.

36 Likes

Only now there’s proof.

I wonder if the 1/6 Committee has run a parrot trap on this “executive order” and I wonder if the author has gotten a subpoena yet.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t say that, I’ll bet she looks at Ken Starr’s reign of terror as a good starting point.

19 Likes

The military was supposed to be in place. Esper fired and replaced by Miller and a couple other trump sychophants.

DOD’s got an awfully interesting story to be told about just how they avoided getting totally overrun by the plans.

44 Likes
32 Likes

The president doesn’t appoint special counsels. DOJ appoints special counsels. If Sidney Powell applies for a search warrant as President Trump’s special counsel, she’s gonna get laughed out of court and maybe arrested for impersonating law enforcement.

28 Likes

Then, you’d be willing to give up knowing who won the election on election night? Counting all that paper (correctly) by hand takes time and budget. It’s cheaper to have vote tabulating machines. And faster.

2 Likes

The wagons are circling, nearing the head of the snake, i.e. Donnie “Baby Doc” Trump, soon to be exiled.

8 Likes

Hell, no, not a pay toilet: he’s already cost us way too much. Should be free.

11 Likes

If Clark was supposed to take over as Acting AG, then that becomes more possible?

7 Likes

Abso-fucking-lutely. Hell, half of the Big Lie was dependent on the instant results field and expectations from people to know.

That’s how he started the whole thing, running out and claiming a great big victory in Pennsylvania, by like 500,000 votes.

We should be setting expectations that counting votes takes time, that it’s okay, and that getting it right is what matters.

I know that what’s-his-face on CNN with his fancy TV and all the districts breathlessly analyzing the live results would have conniptions, but that sort of coverage should be non-existent.

36 Likes

I think many if not most of the electronic ‘voting machines’ are just scanning paper ballots.

16 Likes

A DoJ headed by Jeffrey Clark will appoint exactly who TFG tells him to, and the Clark takeover was being attempted at that time. And I will note that the DoJ did appoint Special Counsel Durham to investigate past investigators who made TFG look bad.

17 Likes

Yes. Sometimes you know anyways, because the remaining uncounted votes can’t make a difference. But not spending the rest of my life hoping we never see a repeat of Ohio 2004 is worth it.

17 Likes

Had a personal interaction with Sidney Powell once upon a time not very long ago. I thought she was wierd, but I am gobsmacked at how nuts she really is.

19 Likes

Well, young 'un, that’s how we did election coverage back in the 1960s and '70s. Way before CNN, the Immortal Walter Cronkite would handle all the interesting horse-race aspects until the statisticians said it’s a done deal for so-and-so.

10 Likes

Still not really plausible, but sure.

4 Likes

Yep. I have that very feeling. And I am wondering how the MAGA base is going to react when it becomes clear that they have been had by the con man and they cannot deny it any longer.

6 Likes

Some are, and it is better than purely electronic systems. What they do, is the voting machine takes the voter’s choices and prints a paper ballot, the voter looks at the ballot to see that everything’s kosher, then walks the ballot over to a scanning machine, where the ballots are counted. The ballots are retained for spot-checks, audits, and recounts.

11 Likes

His crypt would be a superfund site in about two weeks.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available