Jan. 6 Committee Obtains Draft Trump-Era Order Laying Out Plan To Seize Voting Machines | Talking Points Memo

A draft Trump-era executive order directed the Defense Secretary to seize voting machines and authorized the appointment of a special counsel to investigate them weeks after the 2020 elections, Politico reported Friday. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1402322
2 Likes

Oh, to be Q-Tip’s fly on the wall at Mar-e-coli this weekend.

35 Likes

appointment of a special counsel “to oversee this operation and institute all criminal and civil proceedings as appropriate based on the evidence collected and provided all resources necessary to carry out her duties consistent with federal law and the Constitution.”

Ginni Thomas.

Oh, and that part about being consistent with the Constitution is laughable.

24 Likes

Long drawn out “Wooooow” from me here. That is quite a draft. Then toss in the 2018 activity.

12 Likes

Anybody wanna bet that when they finger the author, we’re gonna hear, “oh, that was just funning around, just running hypotheticals, to keep Toddler-in-Chief in a jolly mood”…

Seems to me I heard something similar already — yes, that’s right, from John Eastman…

48 Likes

No, Sidney Powell wanted to be named Trump’s electoral witchfinder in chief. This thing is her doing, though given her usual level of due diligence she might have just picked it up on 8kun or thedonald.win.

62 Likes

Is it just me or is this all beginning to feel like Watergate did after we found out about the tapes? Like it’s all picking up speed more and more quickly?

60 Likes

This makes Watergate look like a third rate burglary gone wrong.

51 Likes

The Flynn Brothers’ role remains to be fleshed out, but doubtless they were part of the DOD side of this plan.

32 Likes

I was taking a shot at Ginni because, well, just because.

Definitely wasn’t a cheap shot though. I don’t think it’s possible to take a cheap shot at that abhorrent woman.

21 Likes

I’d be fully in favor of shit-canning the electronic voting machines and going back to paper ballots only. Paper ballots are more transparent because they require no particular expertise to understand how they work. It would be worth the wait to find out the results, and/or the expense of hiring poll workers to shorten the wait.

28 Likes

Beat me to it. This was krakenlady securing her next gig on the federal dime.

31 Likes

Well, the “third rate” part is the same.

14 Likes

*does not apply to Florida

31 Likes

Tidbits like this are going to be dropping with regularity now that the feline has escaped the burlap.

33 Likes

Dunno why everyone is acting like this is news. Literally reported on in near-real-time. Here from Dec 23, 2020:

38 Likes

Needless to say, the draft displays no understanding whatsoever of what a special counsel is or how one is actually appointed. I guess Sid just wanted a cool title and no actual authority.

27 Likes

In terms of scaling, Watergate would be discarded technology by now. This is so much bigger, nastier and just plain bonkers.

The draft order further authorizes the defense secretary to federalize National Guard forces, as well as the appointment of a special counsel “to oversee this operation and institute all criminal and civil proceedings as appropriate based on the evidence collected and provided all resources necessary to carry out her duties consistent with federal law and the Constitution.”

This would be a full military coup fish-wrapped in the Constitution.

44 Likes

I can’t help but think back to the early days of the Trump presidency when it came out that the Donald used to read himself to sleep reading Hitler’s speeches.

I really do hope that they put a pay toilet in his crypt that drains into his casket… I want to pay my respects some day.

14 Likes

So many pieces were in place, except for the military.

19 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available