Incoming WH Officials Hope Biden’s Agenda Won’t Fall Behind As Senate Trial Approaches | Talking Points Memo

I’m sure there will be many paid participants. No one is gonna show up for this fool and most won’t be able to clear the front gate (I know - I’ve had to do it many a time! You can’t just show up there).

2 Likes

Would it be too cynical to believe Putin has a copy of the hard drive (or the drive itself) and we won’t be seeing Ms Williams in the foreseeable future?

1 Like

I wonder if the response of the head of Security at Andrews on Sunday was on the order of: “He’s gonna do what?!”

Andrews is a decent drive from the Capitol - I won’t mind having them down there the day of the Inauguration. Now if only there was a traffic jam or construction to delay their return…

2 Likes

This stuff is already breaking. How about Trump 2020 campaign staff involvement with the January 6 “Let’s get jiggy” rally? The campaign is already denying that those involved in that those involved were paid in any way or doing anything with campaign input.

4 Likes

I understand the question but I don’t have any particular belief here. She’s quite young and her recent behavior – last two months, say – is … puzzling. When she is found, we’ll see what she says – and go from there!

2 Likes

Let me clarify something.

DoD and government laptops are among the most secure in the world. I’ve had several of them on my public sector projects and have yet another on the way. For one thing, their IT department has probably already wiped it clean. For another, without a common access card, no one can access the data. Everything is encrypted. It’s about as useable as a doorstop right now.

5 Likes

Yeah, we may never be able to say we won’t see any more right-wing violence, but certainly cracking down hard sends a message, the hubs is right about that. It leaves only the real dead-enders as question marks, and the more dead-endy they are, the more likely they’re already known to the FBI and local authorities.

3 Likes

I don’t expect Mr Biden to be perfect. and I expect to disagree with him on occasion but I do expect, and it’s easily achievable, him to be a far far better President than the epically incompetent criminal who is being shown the door.

3 Likes

It’s not a high bar that Biden needs to get over.

2 Likes

Amt Klobuchar was interviewed this morning on MSNBC. She said it would be no problem at all to get cabinet officials approved in the morning and hold a trial in the afternoon…

She seemed VERY confident, and I’m sure she’s right.

4 Likes

Except for all the damage he has to repair. Wouldn’t want that to be my job. But being better than Trump, no, I think he can meet that challenge. :grinning:

1 Like

The first day will the issuance of hundreds of EO’s reversing the hundreds of EO’s issued by Trump. That’s what I’ve been hoping for. I wish the guy could just do it with one blanket EO, but that’s not apparently possible. Time waster, for sure, but necessary.

I was reminded by someone this morning that any convictions of these morons will result in the loss of their guns. Better start sending boxes of tissues to the poor widdle boyz.

Uh oh, external security threat (maybe on the 295 bridge). People are being told to stay in place, away from doors and windows.

Good point.

It’ll be interesting to learn what the FBI turns up. She probably was already on the FBI’s list of people of interest because of her being seen directing terrorists towards Pelosi’s office.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s difficult to be sure from just a few moments of video but she did seem to be more than just caught up in the excitement.

I don’t suppose Colorado would be willing to go after them, since Build-the-Wall was incorporated there?

1 Like

Yeah, I was there that night, too! My wife and I had gone downtown to see a movie and as we left to walk to our car we started to hear lots of noise. By the time we got to St. Catherine Street (Montreal’s main Street) it was nuts. Young guys had stopped all traffic, were crawling onto the tops of buses, rocking cars. We said “Nope” and got out of there fast but it was a graphic illustration of how fast a crowd could become a mob…

Also, much of the heavy lifting in Congress is done by staff. They do the research, pull together talking points, etc.

Our SOP (where I worked before retiring) was to treat a visit by a staffer as if it was the Congress person themself. And visits by Congress members were often easier because they were often there mainly to be seen and only spent a few minutes with us, while staffers would take most of a day and do a deep dive to discuss the concrete details of program plans, progress, schedules, resources, etc, etc.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the laptop also has software to report its location if stolen.

1 Like

Hope springs eternal.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available