Court Doc: FBI Investigating Whether Capitol Rioter Tried To Sell Pelosi Laptop To Russia | Talking Points Memo

The one time I was really, really hoping Rudy would be able to show off his phantasmagorical legal chops.

The flying spittle and the dripping hair dye drowning the Senate chamber would have been fucking epic, although the flop sweat during his witness testimony will be pretty awesome, too, though.

4 Likes

Por que’ no los tres???

4 Likes

What may be more likely is that she is just bright enough to pretend she is that stupid.

1 Like

Just to echo the point:

Before any additional security features that have been added, Windows 10 itself already has a find my device and remote wipe feature built in. If she were to connect it to wi-fi, the Feds would be on her trail in a heart beat and the already encrypted hard drive could be rendered useless.

edit to add:
I doubt there’s anything interesting to be found on it anyways.

5 Likes

I know…I was so looking forward to his pretzel logic, lying, and wacky witnesses.

However, his personal testimony should still provide us with plenty of sweating and running hair dye.

2 Likes

This is very likely true until someone obtains a not-yet obtainable quantum computer. The Feds do a pretty good job with encryption and security, but current encryption technology will likely be obsolete once a quantum computer cracks encryption keys. Then one question for the security community is “can a quantum computer provide encryption keys that are not easily broken by another quantum computer?”

1 Like

Yes, but gender, age and ethnicity cannot be put forth and accepted as excuses unless they are considered in all cases.

1 Like

Around the time the Charlie Wilson film was released starring Tom Hanks I read that Wilson did have some regrets for arming them not realizing how they could have been radicalized and antithetical to the interests of United States. A lot of folks have surmised that the United States should have just let the Soviet Union get bogged down in Afghanistan without a countervailing force. It still would have contributed along with a creaky economic system the breakup of their empire.

4 Likes

Who with any decent reputation at all is going to defend him? And we all know how well he listens to his lawyers.

3 Likes

Once you let two quantum computers talk…it’s the beginning of Skynet and the end of humanity.

5 Likes

I guess when I was taught information of the historical variety in school it didn’t end there. For me once I learn something, then learn something else I start to see a pattern of connection. I guess they learned what they needed to pass a test, and then promptly threw most of it away. I always thought that school was there to teach one how to learn, and not just for the 12-16 years of taking tests.

7 Likes

Possible but not proven. I think it’s unlikely because it looks like neither the rioters nor the Capitol Police anticipated that the mob would actually force their way into the building. I know there are investigations about advance planning, help opening doors etc. But how many people actually thought rioters would manage to breach the building? Even the rioters were surprised they managed it.

There are more reliable ways to get intel by embedding Congressional aides or turning one of the Capitol Police. Depending on a flash mob just doesn’t seem like good spycraft to me.

1 Like

OT, but this is something that must be said, since you are never going to hear it from the librul media or the gubmint.

Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and the Democrat Party did not steal the election from Donald Trump.

They stole it from Kanye West.

7 Likes

Nothing so simple as a single word should ever be put forth as an excuse.

ex·cuse

noun

\ikˈskyüs, ek-\

plural -s

: the act of excusing (as by apologizing, exculpating, pardoning, or releasing) : acquittal, release, absolution, justification<pleading so wisely in excuse of it — Shakespeare>

a : something offered as grounds for being excused : a justifying explanation of a fault or defect<what’s your excuse for being late this morning?><he made his ill health an excuse for everything> b excuses plural : an expression of regret for failure to do or participate in something often conveyed through a third party<make my excuses to your cousin, I’m sorry to miss her tea> c : a note of explanation (as from a parent or teacher) concerning the absence of an individual (as from class or work)

a : something that serves to excuse : anything that justifies or extenuates a fault or defect<I suppose his youth is an excuse for his flighty ways><forgetfulness is no excuse for bad manners> b : a purpose or use that justifies : justification, reason<such loveliness is enough excuse for being>

: an inferior example or instance of a kind specified<finally turned in a blotted excuse for a composition><this rattletrap is a poor excuse for a car>

Origin of EXCUSE

Middle English, from Middle French, from excuser

First Known Use: 14th century (sense 1)

Related to EXCUSE

Synonyms:

alibi, apology, defense, justification, plea, reason

more

See Synonym Discussion at apology

Pronunciation Symbols

2 Likes

I can almost hear Fat Ass telling his COS, “Get Tom Hagen on the phone!”

3 Likes

Alternatively…we could have tried to help guide them to a better government rather than losing all interest in them. I remember my Dad, who was based in Burma/China in WWII, said he saw Ho Chi Minh talking to the crowds preaching the U.S. Constitution, then we abandoned Vietnam to the tender mercies of the French…

4 Likes

You forgot a few other synonyms applicable in the Trump era:

Horseshit, bullshit, crapola, methamphetamine-fueled fantasies…

6 Likes

Another reason to ware a pandemic face mask. Are these violent fascists really that stupid?

Ware a mask and practice social distancing and wash your hands often.

1 Like

Epitomized in the single word TRUMP.

Hard to social distance in an insurrection. Maybe skip the insurrection until the second vaccination kicks in.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available