Incoming WH Officials Hope Biden’s Agenda Won’t Fall Behind As Senate Trial Approaches | Talking Points Memo

Surprise Level = -Infinity

9 Likes

Orly Taitz #223433

License Status: Active

Address: Law Offices of Dr. Orly Taitz ESQ, 29839 Santa Margarita Pkwy, Ste 100, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

County: Orange County
Phone Number: (949) 683-5411
Fax Number: (949) 766-7603
Email: orly.taitz@gmail.com

Law School: William Howard Taft Univ; Santa Ana CA

8 Likes

So are you advocating for an Impeachment tab? Just start every session in the House with a vote to impeach for every newly found illegal thing he’s done?
And then maybe the Senate could work on convicting him again, and again every other week?

4 Likes

Would a man who sells pardons not also stoop to selling national security secrets? Just saying.

15 Likes

I just hope that Trump, and assorted enablers don’t turn into micro plastic beads, will never get them all.

4 Likes

Best argument against convicting him.

That MoscowMitch and Graham both desperately want to avoid the conviction means that the votes are there.

I say leave him as the albatross around his party, and don’t give them the free gift of removing the instant 2024 front-runner of their party.

5 Likes

Apparently Couy not coy

3 Likes

You only need to get to 66. Might have Romney, Murkowski, maybe Collins, and if Sasse doesn’t vote to convict then he’s just trying to make some kind of running joke out of himself. Twelve more. It’s a heavy lift at best. Our best chance is a one-two punch: Scuttlebutt that’s so hideous that a vote to acquit will come back to bite you, and Giuliani for the Defense. You might as well formally ask to be convicted. His track record at actually lawyering is not great.

9 Likes

Good heavens, no. That would be silly. Serious question, though: Can we exile his ass with a majority vote? Just kick him the hell out of the country like a persona non grata diplomat you know is a spy.

2 Likes

Probably in the online WaPo you’ll see the breakdown of how much these companies directly contribute to candidates. Why be limited, when you can send $$$ to Leadership PACs in unlimited $$$ amounts.

Here it is:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2021/business/pac-donations-capitol-riots/

2 Likes

While I see what you’re saying, as an American, I don’t ever want to see Donald Trump run for office ever again. At least in America.

6 Likes

You forgot calling into various news programs, and then shitting. Last one very important.

1 Like

I don’t want him in office, but wouldn’t mind having him be a thorn in the republicans’ sides for the next years.

7 Likes

The Lincoln Project listed quite a few companies that will withhold donations or are considering it.

Quite a few. Bigly companies.

I wonder who donates to Gym Jordan.

6 Likes

And even the current Senate has already scheduled the first 4 confirmation hearings for 1/19, the first day the Senate returns from recess: https://www.senate.gov/committees/hearings_meetings.htm

9 Likes

We can’t know.

But what I hope (and could be persuaded to believe) is that there’s a bunch of young legislative aides and investigative lawyers in the incoming Biden/Harris teams who would like nothing better than to make the “investigate/indict/convict/sentence/jail GOP traitors” area a growth industry. I’d be delighted to see a whole bunch of hungry young streetfighters take those treasonous motherfuckers apart.

20 Likes

All these elected officials keep getting charged, will election/special election season never end?

3 Likes

I guess Rudy’s not a fan of The Who, or the TV show C.S.I. (the original)

1 Like

If any of them stay home to avoid voting it makes conviction easier: “no person shall be convicted without the concurrence of two thirds of the members present.” Article I, §3

4 Likes

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available