How Federal Workers Will Be The First Casualties Of Trump II

Maybe they should ask Trump what terms he agreed to?

8 Likes

I’m going to try overcoming my aversion to hearing more than 30 seconds of Trump’s voice and watch the debate. Mainly because I want to form my own opinion about how well or poorly Biden does, and not see that filtered through after-the-fact short video clips and opinions.

I know what Trump is going to do, I’m not really interested in that. I want to see how Biden does, so I know whether to investigate real estate in Costa Rica or not.

Okay, yes, I know debates don’t usually swing elections and Biden will no doubt crush Trump tonight. I just need to see it for myself and not get a secondhand opinion or video edit of the highlights.

13 Likes

This is true. However, ultimately, this only works because of the burning desire of the MAGA followers to put a ‘whuppin’ on the people they view as their opponents (not their fellow Americans). Luckily, after Mr. Trump loses, it will take awhile for an equally talented demagogue to appear. But, the MAGA crowd will still be with us.

10 Likes

Just watch what happens tonight and how the Zombie Fourth Estate spins it to get what their owners want, which is Mango as POTUS.

6 Likes

He could have a V8!

15 Likes

Sure enough. With the composition of this Court, the scales of justice are so far off balance as to threaten the very foundation of American democracy.

10 Likes

More what they want to believe. Otherwise Trump would not even have a sliver of a chance after all these years.

True ditherers, fence sitters and undecideds are rarer than hens teeth. Cheeky posers, taking their time in the sun and being coy about their vote, not so rare.

I do not expect this debate to bounce any numbers significantly. For example, if Joe failed completely, heck even passed away on stage, would anyone on this site except a troll vote for his opposition? Anyone? Same I think is true of anyone not in the Trump bus.

9 Likes

41 Likes

He has one. Corvettes are always V-8s right?

12 Likes

The SEC should and for all I know, very well may
document their citations well enough to take to court if the cited companies wish to forego correction of the offense and non admission language in an administrative settlement. Once the evidence is presented in court, it becomes public record.

12 Likes

At an Esso station.

10 Likes

Which, along with cash, vacations and RVs, improve one’s balance sheet. Satisfies both conditions, so totally constitutional.

9 Likes

I fortified the booze bunker to be ready to watch but I am almost certain I will not be able to. The fact of Trump and his Republican cult make me embarrassed on behalf of my country - I hate that feeling. I may check in with TPM or Wonkette blogs, or continue my re-read of Philip Roth’s “The Plot Against America” which is more apropos of our current times than I like, but nonetheless recommended (by me) reading.

10 Likes

I mostly agree with your take, however I don’t exaclty subscribe to the belief that “He thinks his narcissism and ego are perfectly normal.”
In my view he thinks his narcissism and ego are what separate him from lesser humans and prove his superiority.

Perhaps I’m splitting hairs but I don’t think TSF considers himself “normal” like most humans, but instead he considers himself “superior” and thus deserving of the adulation and subservience of those lesser beings. His narcissism doesn’t allow him to believe he’s normal in any sense.

28 Likes

:grimacing: But it’s impossible to have any sympathy whatsoever for those monsters.

5 Likes

Funny you should mention this.

12 Likes

I dunno 'bout that. Far too many Dems and libz and progressives are overly obsessed with Biden’s age. I genuinely didn’t see that obstacle until it hit my own family. That doubt and regret (as opposed to genuine record of accomplishments and what’s best for this country) that the Dems don’t have a “better”, younger candidate is giving T rumpp a lot of undue energy, and potentially the entire Presidency, all over again. In my mind, the Dems are shooting themselves in the foot, except this time, it will be our own head. This country won’t survive a 2nd term with T rumpp in office.

4 Likes

14 Likes

Will Joe Biden’s refusal to sexually harass women 50 years his junior on CNN widen his approval gap with The Tiktok Generation?

5 Likes

DJT does not have one honorable instinct in his body. Not one!

15 Likes