How Federal Workers Will Be The First Casualties Of Trump II

Originally published at: How Federal Workers Will Be The First Casualties Of Trump II

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. Consequences Big And Small This off-the-cuff thread by David Roberts is spot on about one of the foundational shifts that would occur almost undetected in a Trump II presidency: People lament the “post-truth”…

1 Like

All of this is undergirded by a relentless projection by Trump and his acolytes: They assume all government information is propaganda because that’s exactly what they would do if in charge.

I don’t agree with this take. While the maga base may feel this way I’m believe the maga leaders know full well that currently not all government information is propaganda. They just intend to make it that way.

In my view the base may be willfully ignorant but the leaders (TSF and high ranking fascists) are willfully evil.

49 Likes

So much about that was laughable, including the capability of left-leaning journos to manage or direct much of anything.

So, you’re saying this is much like herding cats?

The TPM crew will be covering the first presidential debate tonight live. Stop by for the liveblog or Josh Marshall’s musings in the Editor’s Blog.

YES!!! Whoo hoo!!! See you all then!!!

22 Likes

Profoundly creepy. If I were Ms Swift, I’d consider getting some kind of “preemptive restraining order.”

Who knew Degenerate Leader was a reluctant Swiftie?

71 Likes

Through the back door again …

Re Snyder – I understand the Nationals are giving Kavanagh lifetime season tickets to games. It’s a “gratuity,” mind you, just a small thank-you for his service. If You've Appreciated The Service You've Received, Consider Tipping Your Supreme Court Justices! - Above the Law

57 Likes

:nauseated_face:

31 Likes

Scurrying in through the back door once again. Like using a fake ID to get into the pub in university. Good times.

15 Likes

This whole debate thing has me profoundly turned off to the point where I might just not bother to follow along, much less watch it. The media hype and speculation is preposterous in the extreme. Even the usually staid Beeb is reporting:

It’s not the fucking Battle of the Falaise Pocket.

and

Who the fuck cares what they think!

Our media outlets are worse. Fuck all of this fuckity fucking eyeball grabbing “churnalism!”

71 Likes

The only word tcf can use to describe Swift is beautiful. Either he is in full on dementia or it’s typical tcf misogyny.

25 Likes

First SCOTUS case - Power plants get to keep polluting while they continue to litigate clean air laws. Decision 5-4, Barrett sided with Kagan, Sotomayor, and Jackson Brown.

42 Likes

Ronnie Johnson Jackson appears to be a permanent fixture on Newsman and Fox. Probably spends more time there than in Congress.

35 Likes

Before I turned 21, I always scurried in with the band.

26 Likes

Both.

41 Likes

Second SCOTUS decision, also 5-4, but with a mixed set of approve/disapprove. Case is whether the Sacklers can walk on the opioids deal. Looks like they’re free and rich.

ETA Decision by Gorsuch arguing that if the law had intended for rich people to be responsible for the damage they do, it would have explicitly said so, presumably with names.

ETA I got the gist backwards. The Sacklers do not get to hide behind their settlement. I like this better.

42 Likes

The House doesn’t have an open bar, so there’s that.

20 Likes

Yeah, there’s this whole thing about who’s telling the truth and has the best grasp of the facts and issues and viable possible solutions for the problems facing us today. What a concept.

29 Likes

Bribe takers, polluters, drug dealers. All safe now. Wealth and a pretense of respectability is all it takes.

27 Likes

Third SCOTUS decision - yet another win for the wealthy and privileged. Apparently the SEC can’t fine someone for securities violations without giving them a full-blown trial complete with jury.

35 Likes

The Federal government has always been the enemy of right-wing fuckheads. Going back to before Fort Sumter.

18 Likes

How do these “inadvertent mistakes” keep happening to SCOTUS? I don’t claim to know how decisions get posted, but this is the second time in just a few months that a decision was prematurely announced. The wheels are falling off and I don’t think it’s unrelated to the bribery, the hypocrisy, the lack of ethical standards, and the lack of fidelity to the law that we’re seeing from this current bunch. Expect it to get worse before it gets better, but it’ll get better if we win big in November.

28 Likes