Harris-Walz Ticket Debuts With All The Feels

My spousal unit and I were discussing the same thing.

I’m not a historian but have read quite a bit of mid-20th-century “conduct literature” geared toward young and adult women. The tone definitely changes after WWII. There is a sense of jubilance after having gone through a depression and war. People wanted to be happy, carefree, and joyful again. We felt like we could accomplish anything–including putting a man on the moon.

On occasion, I have thought that it is that emotion that the MAGA people are hoping to feel. Unfortunately, they believe that we need to return to the dark underbelly of that time period in order to recapture that postwar boom emotion.

I agree that we as a country are ready to feel joy again. Pres. Obama ran on hope. VP Harris is bringing back joy.

And, adjacent to this, a phenomenon I noticed on TikTok last evening was how many millennials were opening up their hearts and sharing that Gov/Coach Walz reminded them of who their fathers used to be before they were drawn into the MAGA cult. These young (to me) people are ready to feel like they have a dad again and they are envisioning Walz as a national father figure.

74 Likes
40 Likes

I would think the same thing about Trump, he is the error.

9 Likes

What are the chances, Donnie?
I’d say approaching zero; because, believe it or not, Joe’s not like you.
If, however, you want to put money behind this self-soothing fantasy, I’ll be happy to, both, take the bet and the cash.

47 Likes

That’s what flags are for.

49 Likes

That, and she’s a lunatic. Glad she’s gone.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this - i love covers and this is one of my favorite songs of all time!

6 Likes

Speaking of Republicans-in-Congress; when I look at folks like Jim Jordan, Opal Boebert, Marge (and many more), they function like the lunchtime detention crowd.
But they are the reflection of Americans wanting that type of representation.

22 Likes

This kkklown is the avatar of the contemporary legal profession’s near-constant embarrassment at this point…

42 Likes

It would definitely consume the media for a week and DonOLD may be tempted. Especially of Harris gets a substantial lead in the Swing States.

7 Likes

And he sees how much attention Biden, Harris and the Dems got changing things up. They effectively snatched the news cycle and held it. He quite possibly might see dumping CF Vance as a useful shiny object to dangle in front of the media to get attention. The problem with this strategy is he’s still CF Trump. With or without Vance, his schtick is still the same.

18 Likes

A climate catastrophe in the making as ice continues to melt.

9 Likes

It’s not like the universe is giving him a lot to work with the last couple of days.

I assume the NYT headline will be “New Mortgage Rates Spell Trouble For Biden Housing Regulations”

52 Likes

He should Google the “Streisand effect.”

9 Likes

I tried to touch it up in photoshop.

1 Like

Counterfeiting money is illegal. It can cost 20 yesrs in prison.

13 Likes

He’s never right about anything.

5 Likes

Damn! It would’ve been a best seller.

55 Likes

Actually, he’s going for that. The more it gets talked about, the more opportunities they have to claim that it was, sadly, Tim Walz and his divisive insults that set the entire election cycle on a downward spiral into shameful playground politics.

Most of these people appear to have no self awareness, but some, like Turley, are actually acutely aware of the need to find ways to bothsides and blame-shift when it comes to their Mango Messiah’s infantile behavior.

32 Likes

Not “approaching zero”, just zero.

12 Likes