Harris-Walz Ticket Debuts With All The Feels

Originally published at: Harris-Walz Ticket Debuts With All The Feels

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. Dems Bask In It Day 1 of the Harris-Walz 2024 ticket was all about the visuals. There was the carefully planned video of both sides of the offer-and-acceptance phone call between Vice President Kamala Harris…

2 Likes

How much longer until JD is dumped, clocks a ticking.

55 Likes

One thing that struck me watching the joy and ebullience yesterday with the Walz announcement and the continuing ability of the Dems to be fun is I wonder if the country, after Covid and years of shithole America that only Trump can fix, is are we collectively ready for a happier time again? These things run in cycles (see Nixon, Regan, Obama and Trump for down, up, up and down examples) and I hope we are ready to be forward looking and joyful again…

125 Likes

Sun is shining, and the future looks very bright indeed. Feels great.

58 Likes

MO-01 : Rep. Cori Bush lost to challenger Wesley Bell in a Democratic primary heavily influenced by the $9 million AIPAC poured into the race on Bell’s behalf”

She couldn’t read the room. That’s why she really lost.

35 Likes

Cori Bush loses her primary to a Republican charlatan, and I say good result.

20 Likes

MAGA is cheering. And I puppy is introspective.

46 Likes

Way OT…from cnn…

Heh…

Chicago White Sox tie American League record with 21st straight loss

30 Likes

I think you’re on to something here.

9 Likes

So this “Truth Bomb” from Trump.

“I would say my reaction is I can’t believe it, I never thought this was going to be the one that was picked,” Trump said. “I know him a little bit, I helped him very much during the riots because his house was surrounded by people that were waving an American flag – doesn’t sound like very bad people. He called me and he was very concerned, very, very concerned that it was going to get out of control.”

https://www.rawstory.com/news/donald-trump-tim-walz-2668913934/

27 Likes

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (The Borowitz Report)—In an extraordinary show of support from the furry mammals, on Wednesday America’s cats gave a full-throated endorsement to Gov. Tim Walz of Minnesota.

The felines, who have been unusually active this election cycle, said they were supporting Walz because “this November, cats are on the ballot.”

“Unlike some candidates, who have used language that belittles and ridicules us, Gov. Walz makes us feel seen,” the cats’ official statement read.

Praising the vice-presidential candidate’s upbeat demeanor, the cats stated, “Tim Walz is like a ray of sunshine we would bask in for hours without moving.”

91 Likes

The future’s so bright I gotta wear shades. :sunglasses:

41 Likes

Was it really pro-Israel groups that did them both in. From here it looked like their behavior and their unfortunate statements.

22 Likes

I think that the timing for dumping may have passed. Not sure any other Republican wants to be chosen, and then dumped like JVD.
Maybe we’ll start hearing rumblings that DonOLD doesn’t need a VP… :grin:

44 Likes

Don’t forget these- :sunglasses:

14 Likes

One would think JD won’t get dumped because trump would have to admit he made a mistake.
Butt, trump’s dementia will allow him to say he never asked for vance on the ticket so he’s permitted to off vance and add someone new. The real satan would be an appropriate replacement.

26 Likes

Yeah, right, sure, whatever you say, convicted felon.

23 Likes

We’re all so tired. Tired of the BS, tired of the fighting, tired of the divide. Tired of the weird and dangerous antics of the right being normalized. Tired of nothing happening in Congress because the Republicans block anything that might give the Dems a “win”. Tired of being afraid of people whom I love being targeted. Just damned tired of it all. I want joy and hope again.

123 Likes

Mr. Trump really is losing his shit. He’s now a rudderless ship at sea. He so badly wants his revenge on Biden he can’t think of anything else. And I’m ok with it,let him keep focusing on the wrong person and indulging humself in rudiculous fantasies of Biden trying to wrestle the nomination back. A big part of Trumps meltdown and inability to pivot is he just can’t wrap his head around someone willing to do the right thing and think of something and somebody other than themselves,it’s a literal alien concept to him. If you actually give a fuck,like i know Biden actually does,the job of President has got to be debilitating and I’m sad that it took its toll on Biden like it did.

109 Likes

“We’ve got 91 days. My God, that’s easy. We’ll sleep when we’re dead,” Vice President Harris’ running mate Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz says.

LIVE THIS! MEAN THIS!

Trump must be beaten by knockout !

We CANNOT have this be depending upon “the scoring of the ringside judges”
We know how that turns out!

84 Likes