Harris-Walz Ticket Debuts With All The Feels

Yes but……

“Chicago White Sox snap AL record-tying losing streak at 21”

6 Likes

There is an uplifting feeling of confidence in the air! The Harris/Walz team is exhibiting great, joyous appeal, and the contrast to the Repubs could not be more stark.

68 Likes

" * If Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D) wins the vice presidency, Lt. Gov. Peggy Flanagan would become the country’s first Native American woman governor."

Finally, someone can legitimately claim to be taking their country back…

141 Likes

I dont expect him to be dumped, but trump is likely going to push all the blame onto JD, and treat him like he did with jeff sessions.

61 Likes

We aren’t happy about this.

6 Likes

As for the the latest Arizona fake elector plea agreement, my guess is that she’ll have to testify at trial. The sooner they are all locked up, the better for democracy.

47 Likes

Sure, Don.

11 Likes

The recent film Hitman has a, to me, plausible illustration how a hitman sting operation is conducted. A good film, too.

5 Likes

Joy is a good plank for a platform. Watching the unrelenting hate and rage of the MAGA movement has been exhausting, even for people who aren’t dialed in to politics. The contrast is stark. It isn’t that the Left is ignoring the problems we face–it’s that we don’t think threats and exclusion are the solution.

73 Likes

Obligatory post to remind everyone that Viktor Orban is the leader of a country that has a population less than the city of Los Angeles, and has achieved little since the invention of goulash.

63 Likes

Tim Walz is just so… normal.

72 Likes

I think it’s hard to explain what’s going on now without some larger frame like this. I was apparently wrong about sticking with Biden, so there’s that, but I think I had decent reasons to be deeply skeptical about a switch, for both strategic and tactical reasons. And if the normal political calculus held, maybe I’d’ve been right.

I think what we see happening–and I don’t want to get too caught up in it or mistake Dem enthusiasm for voter enthusiasm in general–is something bigger than a candidate switch per se. It’s more of a tonal reset. Before, it was old-Joe telling us how scary Donald was and that everything was on the line; now it’s a comparatively young Harris/Walz telling us those guys are stuffed shirts and sillier than scary, and (early yet) people seem to be eating it up.

It’s been a long decade (by which I mean the years from roughly 2015 to now). Maybe it’s time to go outside and sit in the sun.

87 Likes

He’s also magnificent at throwing shade. That couch joke had me chortling all last evening.

61 Likes

A lot if things are happening simultaneously that are going to have deadly effects on life. Insect populations are in a free fall. The west is on fire and CH4 is accumulating over the Arctic. The AMOC is shutting down and Antarctica and Greenland are becoming destabilized.

Other than that…

We’re currently on level #2 here and tipping rapidly into level #3

The Park Fire in California is now being called a “Swiss Cheese Event”:

24 Likes

… I’m gonna soak up the sun
I got my 47 on
So I can rock on

11 Likes

Agree. Trump’s fantasy of Biden crashing the convention is the only scenario he can imagine that allows him to win. Yes, it is totally foreign to him that someone would do something that doesn’t specifically benefit him. I expect that we will soon hear that Soros has paid Biden to drop out of the race. They have no other frame of reference other than persoal gain.

44 Likes

The AIPAC money was gross. So was the candidate. Bye-bye, shan’t be missed. Her voters have spoken, and their words were to the effect that she was a bad Democrat.

23 Likes

I thought the Cubs owned the Chicago franchise of baseball ineptitude. This is clearly a matter of trademark infringement and unfair business practices. I’m waiting for an in depth analysis and pithy comment from @irasdad.

13 Likes

Cats! and one lion. And pretty good rendering of Puppy

39 Likes

I think Vance is down for the count. TIFBG and his campaign made a huge tactical error in choosing Vance. Even before all this with Biden/Harris → Harris/Walz, Vance was becoming a millstone around the GQP’s neck. Now that the convention is over, there’re no do-overs. The GQP is committed (and, as Groucho Marx once said, if they aren’t committed, they oughta be).

54 Likes