Harris Calls Out RNC’s ‘One Purpose’: ‘To Soothe Donald Trump’s Ego’

Night 3 of the GOP convention might’ve been the worst convention night in modern American political history. The poor ratings were the capstone.

Trump/Pence opened the door to Biden/Harris to seize part of the news cycle and they both throttled Trump today and stepped on his msg.

20 Likes

Dossiers on journalists? Somehow, I get the feeling we’ve been through this shit before.
When do we get the enemies lists?
Donnie’s made it very clear he keeps them and we all know how much he wants to share.
So, when do we get a peak?

3 Likes

Is it too much to hope that tonight’s ratings are even lower? That would be sweet.

2 Likes

Tom Cotton desperately trying to find a spot in his speech to rag on Harris as well. It’s not as if they are constrained by facts, so he’ll find something to add.

Are they spending tax payer money to do oppo/smear research on journalist?.

2 Likes

“Democratic vice-presidential candidate Kamala Harris obliterated Donald Trump in a speech where she painted him as a selfish, scared, failed president.”

7 Likes

@imkmu3 I am reminded of the interaction in “Casablanca between Bogey and the Germans:
German: “We have a complete dossier in you… Richard Blane, 37, cannot return to his country, The reason is vague”
Bogey: “Are my eyes really brown?”
snip
German” Can you see us in New York?"
Bogey" Well there are parts you shouldn’t invade"

3 Likes

I’ll go with a smoking game, one hit off the bowl per.

Will be sure I have plenty of doritos

2 Likes

One of our favorite movies.

1 Like

Harris is right. He cannot give any kind of speech without adoring crowds. This looks weak.

8 Likes

It’s on tonight’s agenda for me. And I’ll cook up something else as well since it’s a rather short movie.
I will not soil my house with the sound of trump’s voice. I just cannot do it.

1 Like

I figured it was more like an insulin pump or two, especially the wireless pod kind.

Some staff member stands on the side pushing the “slow him down” and “speed him up” buttons and hoping for the best because there’s a lot of lag.

3 Likes

That’s republican social distancing I guess. But more like a super spreader event to me.

4 Likes

Probably under the guise of “National Security” a’la the Recon planes that were watching the protests.

3 Likes

Is Giuliani still on tonight’s schedule?

1 Like

Thanks Matt I needed that, X1000
Took me a minute to recover from the best belly laugh in days with the car reference.

6 Likes

What could possibly go wrong?

2 Likes

“We have a large dossier on you” has a real Russian flair to it . Don’cha think?

6 Likes

And it was that Judd Deere asshole.

3 Likes

I never saw such a collection of snot-nosed punks in all my life. Every single one is like that weaselly punk from middle school with a big mouth who grew up to be a car salesman because of course he did.

8 Likes