Harris Calls Out RNC’s ‘One Purpose’: ‘To Soothe Donald Trump’s Ego’

On the day of President Donald Trump’s official address at the Republican National Convention (RNC) on Thursday night, Democratic vice presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) jabbed at the convention’s focus on praising Trump over addressing the issues.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1329119

She’s a nasty woman.

13 Likes

Harris argued that “its most basic level,” Trump “doesn’t understand the presidency.”
“He thinks it’s all about him,” she said. “Well, it’s not. It’s about you. It’s all about of us, the people.”

forthepeople

27 Likes

Love this. And so it begins. More, please, and tell us what you REALLY think…!!!

19 Likes

This is stating the obvious for people on this site, but I hope she keeps saying it, loudly and forcefully, for the uninitiated!

25 Likes

Professors make this mistake. They sometimes think that a student has the same passion and interest in his/her subject that he/she does.

And wonks like us can get to thinking that non-wonks have our passion.

Doesn’t mean that they cannot become interested…

So…Say it Loud, Madame Vice President.

18 Likes

the Republican convention is designed for one purpose: to soothe Donald Trump’s ego,” she said. “To make him feel good.”

topped off with a gooey mix of slurp slime tinted with twisted logic from soulless zombie critters.
anything for love from the chosen one I guess.

5 Likes

Moreover, she’s a nasty melanated woman.

7 Likes

"The Republican convention is designed for one purpose: to soothe Donald Trump’s ego,” she said.

Ronna: “Did Donny go doody in the potty? There’s a good boy! Who wants juice box and Teletubbies?”

(“Somebody get the Thorazine.”)

26 Likes

Harris will be excellent in the role of taking on the Trump administration lies and exposing them, and doing so strongly. She has the experience from her legal career, and the speaking chops to explain it all. We’ll see a lot of this during the campaign I’m sure, with Biden remaining fixed on the moral failures of the administration and a hopeful message of recovery.

20 Likes

They’re going with the IV drip tonight.

8 Likes

She’s assuming that Trump has an ego to soothe. It’s all id in there.

7 Likes

With poise, panache, and a killer smile. Mango Mussolini is so glad that he won’t have to debate her.

10 Likes

With just a pinch of cocaine. We want him upright and coherent but not too shouty and pouty.

3 Likes

Add “coke sniffles” to the drinking game.

6 Likes

Done.

2 Likes

‘Nasty’ in all the right ways!

6 Likes

This will enrage Trump. How dare some uppity woman call him out? Keep up the good work, this is exactly what the Dem base wants to hear.

11 Likes

One part of me really doesn’t want to watch Donnie tonight. Another party of me doesn’t want to watch Donnie tonight and says “No way in Hell!”. A third part of me is adamantly against my watching Donnie tonight and says “Are you frickin’ kidding me, bag it!”

13 Likes

Likely, this will cement the Debacle.

4 Likes