GOP Representative Prescribed Ivermectin For COVID, Griped That Pharmacists Wouldn’t Fill It | Talking Points Memo

Yeah that one pretty much calls for the beret and the last cigarette for Monsieur Mansion.

8 Likes

Do you realize that the gridlock is already upon us? The guy is sabotaging everything.

3 Likes

…they learn that being the 51st senator in a party means you’re nobody.

10 Likes

If Manchin jumps, we’ve already lost the majority and may as well shove Sinema out the door after him.

11 Likes

Only if we can shove her out the door sans parachute.

11 Likes

Actually, no. I read there are signs of real negotiating happening. I read it here.

3 Likes

No, there is a form of ivermectin for treating parasites in humans.

2 Likes

Tell me when he starts negotiating in good faith, he has been playing Lucy all along.

3 Likes

Yeah, but it’s no compliment to her to say we can’t afford to lose either.

6 Likes

“I wrote a prescription for ivermectin, I guess it’s now three weeks ago, four weeks ago, and yeah, couldn’t find a pharmacy to fill it,” the Republican said. “It’s gotten bad. . . . The pharmacists are just refusing to fill it.”

Let me get this straight, pharmacists should have the right to refuse to fill contraceptive prescriptions. But they have to fill ivermectin prescriptions no questions asked.

Seems legit.

14 Likes

Maybe you should just tell me what’s happening.

One thing you have to say about Biden is that he’s had loyal staffers who have been with him for years.
Ted Kaufman who filled his senate seat in 2009 when he became VP was with him since he was elected in 72.

3 Likes

Maybe he should talk with his doctor about the advisability of this, and… oh.
Anyway, did his doctor actually read the studies, which mostly proclaim that this is for when alternatives do not exist, and that elsewhere there are other more preferable treatments?

1 Like

Like maybe coffee enemas.

Don’t know if that would help, I just wanted to type “coffee enemas”.

There, got that out of my system.

6 Likes

Fucker. Fuck. Fuck. Fucker.

3 Likes

I just talked to my ex girlfriend earlier this morning… Said she may be having a lot of time off her job because of her age (62) and not being vaccinated. Just some kind of disability leave with 60% pay. I asked her… why not just get vaccinated? It was like I asked her to to take poison. That’s how she now views all vaccines. I told her I was getting my J&J booster in November. She asked me to put her in my will first…

Her son lost his taste and smell, was tested and had covid. He lives with her and she often has to transport him because of his car troubles. He’s in his thirties and is a druggie. Does a lot of synthetic crap.
Her sister and BIL have covid. Not vaccinated. Didn’t get sick. So…according to her, the only people who get sick and die are the vaccinated. And yes, she really believes this shit. She’s 62 and lives with her son that has covid and really believes she is better off not being vaccinated. Her oldest sister is an RN, she also refuses to take the vaccine.
Take it from me, nothing will convince these people to get vaccinated. They have done their research!!!

12 Likes

While I realize the Democratic party has benefitted from such moves in the past, I really don’t think politicians should be allowed to switch parties in the middle of their terms. People voted for them, as least in part, because they represent a party.

Such crap.

5 Likes

That’s exhausting.

4 Likes

I wonder what the Maryland Board of Medical Licensing (or whatever its called) would want to know about this?

2 Likes

Exhausting is trying to talk to her. Two months ago, I just about had her convinced to get vaccinated. Now, she, all her friends and family have gone completely nuts. She tends bar at the American Legion.(part time) She is going to work today. And it’s fine because the husband of the manager was vaccinated and had to be admitted into the hospital. See… only vaccinated people get real sick. :grimacing:

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available