GOP Representative Prescribed Ivermectin For COVID, Griped That Pharmacists Wouldn’t Fill It | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD), who is also an anesthesiologist, says that he has prescribed ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug, to treat COVID-19, even though it has not been approved for use in COVID cases.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1391438

Maybe he should just stop in at a feed store…

15 Likes

I thought the GOP was in favor of pharmacists refusing to fill prescriptions that violate a pharmacist conscience, morals or value system.

56 Likes

“I wrote a prescription for ivermectin, I guess it’s now three weeks ago, four weeks ago, and yeah, couldn’t find a pharmacy to fill it,” the Republican said. “It’s gotten bad. . . . The pharmacists are just refusing to fill it.”

Maybe it’s just me, but I think our elected representatives should show enough intelligence to follow medial science. That’s kind of baseline judgment, IMHO.

26 Likes

Doctor says “It’s not enough to advocate killing my constituents. Now I can’t even kill my patients. Is there no freedom in this country anymore?”

He’s a friggin’ doctor, fer chris’sake!

19 Likes

Not even there, wackos have been hoarding it and livestock owners can’t afford it even if they can find it.

4 Likes

“I have prescribed ivermectin as treatment for early COVID.”

He’s a doctor?

4 Likes

Anesthesiologist; funny way to spell epidemiologist. Possibly he has been sniffing too much gas.

18 Likes

I’m sure the local veterinarian would be happy to help. Maybe he could get his anal glands expressed at the same time.

27 Likes

LOL. Go to the vet, dummy.

2 Likes

well if he did … there goes all of his gray matter…

18 Likes

And when was the last time you saw any GQPer exhibit any kind of judgement except the “bad” variety?

5 Likes

My prescription would be that Andy Harris have his head examined.

3 Likes

“I have prescribed ivermectin as treatment for early COVID,” Harris told local outlets

Who is he writing prescriptions for? Himself? His constituents? Random bypassers?

12 Likes

I submit, without comment:

THE OATH OF A PHARMACIST

"I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:

• I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my primary concerns.
  • I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal outcomes for my patients.
  • I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me.
  • I will accept the lifelong obligation to improve my professional knowledge and competence.
  • I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral, ethical and legal conduct.
  • I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care.
  • I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of pharmacists.

I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.”

19 Likes

Yeah. But he’s an anesthesiologist. Not really in the job description as I understand it to prescribe anything for an infectious disease. But he’s got a scrip pad and obviously wingnuts come to him when a normal doctor says no. BTW it’s my observation that in fact many people have a greater than normal similarity to horses and cows.

25 Likes

He’s a GOP critter, so conscience, morals or value system are not in play.

9 Likes

It says a lot about the quality of “research” these people do that they want Ivermectin and refuse the vaccine.

8 Likes

And intellectual coherence went out the window long ago. A thing is bad if the GOP doesn’t like it and good if the GOP likes it and often it’s the same thing.

8 Likes

He wrote the prescription himself???

Is he a veterinarian anesthesiologist?

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available