Giuliani Flips Out After Fox Host Confronts Him Over Infamous ‘Borat’ Scene

A number of newspaper accounts have stated that “Tutar” was introduced as Borat’s 15 yo daughter. This could have been done off camera but maybe the reports are wrong.

1 Like

Obviously I can’t say if the reports you read are wrong.

But I did address the question myself a week ago:

From Trace William Cowen:

The scene in question sees the character of Borat’s daughter, who is referred to as 15-year-old “Tutar” in prior sections of the film , conducting an interview with Giuliani. […] The encounter proceeds before eventually being interrupted by Cohen in character as Borat, who states that she’s 15, but not before Giuliani is seen making remarks about Tutar’s appearance and joining her in a bedroom.

And from the Grauniad:

After she removes his microphone, Giuliani, 76, can be seen lying back on the bed, fiddling with his untucked shirt and reaching into his trousers. They are then interrupted by Borat who runs in and says: “She’s 15. She’s too old for you.”

Obviously these reports could also be wrong.

Most of what you quoted is irrelevant regarding whether Rudy was told before the bedroom scene that Tutar was 15.

Not how I read it – but that’s OK.

Well that’s an interesting change of direction for Fox. Kennedy isn’t in the “news” department - she’s one of the high heeled harpies of propaganda. If she’s busting Rudy’s dusty old balls then something is happening over at Fox.

My Schadenfreudian Hero Rides Again…

Picture0003

I haven’t seen the movie, but I watched an interview with Colbert and SBC about it. He says he was hiding in a wardrobe and burst out of it to confront the Ghoul…

Ghouliani had a bodyguard with him who shook down the room first (while SBC was hiding in the closet), then left the room to stand guard outside the door, leaving the Ghoul alone with the girl, and assured that no uninvited guests would appear.

Oops…

1 Like

Some execs over there may be trying to avoid getting sucked into the Trump Maelstrom that threatens to swamp the rest of the GOP media fleet when he loses the election badly.

1 Like

Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, blew a gasket.

usually when a gasket is blown there is a leak of sorts somewhere.
Being I didn’t see smoke or fluid I guess it all depends on the depends what leaked, lol
bye bye rudy, (louder) BYE BYE RUDY

Do we have an obligation to be fair to people as awful as Trump and Ghouliani? It’s a conundrum.

3 Likes

Rudy also had a former policeman as bodyguard standing outside the hotel room door so he wouldn’t be disturbed.

1 Like

Wait, Giuliani was upset by unfair questions from… Kennedy?

1 Like

No, but take it from me: You can repeat yourself.

with ghoulsie, how do you tell?

1 Like

I’ve been known to do that…especially after a few bourbons.

1 Like

Now there’s an idea.

1 Like

lol. The issue isn’t that he’s a boozehound. That’s just an excuse. The issue is that he wanted to be alone with a 15-year old girl (by law, too young to be drinking) and to engage in an activity (drinking) to lower her inhibitions. There’s no innocent explanation, including his desire to have another drink. High-functioning (a debatable description of Giuliani, granted) alcoholics aren’t necessarily not in control of their faculties. He’s a creepy old man who knew better.

1 Like

I don’t know either, and I never before thought of his work as being racist. Though raunchy, I always thought of his work as pushing the boundaries, and I confess that a lot of it (especially the first Borat film) made me laugh.

@centralasiaexpat’s strong feelings have made me pause and re-evaluate my opinions…though I also must admit, that I don’t think about SBC that often.

If we criticize SBC for his portrayal of Kazaks, should we also criticize him for his portrayal of rural America? I live in rural America, and I don’t (even remotely) consider myself to resemble what he puts in his films.

One thing that I find interesting is that neither SBC nor the actress who played his daughter spoke Kazakh in the film. Besides broken English, SBC spoke Hebrew and some Polish. Maria Bakalova, the Bulgarian actress who played his daughter, spoke Bulgarian. I originally assumed that they were speaking gibberish, but their use of both actual Hebrew and Bulgarian made their non-English conversations purposely nonsensical, which (to me) shows the intended absurdity of the film.

4 Likes

I refuse to defend Giuliani. At the very best he’s a creep. My opinion of him is even much worse than that.

The only thing that I claim is that in that scene he was actually tucking in his shirt and not playing with his junk. It was never said by anyone that the girl was 15 years old (she’s actually 24) until after Borat stormed into the room.

1 Like

Short answer? Absolutely not.

Long answer? Absolutely fucking not.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available