General Manager Says TikTok Not ‘Going Anywhere,’ After Trump Threatens To Ban Video Sharing App | Talking Points Memo

Yeah they’ve been doing that I have read. And photos of journalists.

I guess there is nothing illegal about it unless they act on the photos but I sure don’t like it.

7 Likes

Oh Its about the turnout
He was so pissed . No one turning out for the rallies This was in Tampa yesterday
look at this shit ! Massive crowd of 30 or 40

21 Likes

Just like books, ban an internet site and people will work hard to find a way to watch it. Extremely difficult to keep people from something on the net.

7 Likes

Seems like only yesterday that the dotard hosted the Chy-na leader at Mar-a-Lago and bragged about the bilgiest trade agreement ever and the hugest, most delicious chocolate cake ever. And he got two scoops on his cake which infuriated the Chy-na leader who then tore up the trade agreement and infected millions of American with the Chy-na virus so that the dotard would not be re-elected. He prefers Biden because Hunter helped him develop the virus and brought it back to Los Angeles in a briefcase.

6 Likes

I saw this yesterday and I think that 30 or 40 people are the same 30-40 people who follow him everywhere, too.

8 Likes

I agree with that completely.

1 Like

Your mentioning that FB’s largest group of users is in India doesn’t surprise me. It did though make me think back to the Republicans in recent years updating their complaint that the poors shouldn’t have cell phones. I remember a bit from Fox News that ran I think during Obama’s first term when we were digging ourselves out from under Bush II’s recession, and a reporter interviewed some people standing inline at a food pantry in NYC and was asking folks if they had a TV or refrigerator.

5 Likes

No, they are not worse. Not even close. Spend some time not just looking at domestic problems, but looking at how the world sees us in contrast to how the world sees China. They don’t like or trust China but find them useful. The abhor us and it will be a long, long, time before they feel comfortable with agreements with us, if it even happens. We will always be the country that elected trump once, and can never be trusted not to elect another trump (or worse). We don’t learn our lessons well, or from history at all.

3 Likes

Yes they are - if you don’t believe it ask the ghost of the man they ran down with the tank and then go talk to Hong Kong.

Good god - they are a dictatorship where they dragged people off the streets in Wuhan and sealed them into their houses to die.

They regulate everyone’s entire life.

9 Likes

(old man voice) Get off my lawn!

“But Obama spied on us!!” —Snowden Groupies

5 Likes

I like the stand fan blowing from the back of the crowd and presumably into Cheetolini’s face. :+1:

4 Likes

Could he ban FarmVille and Angry Birds while he’s at it?

Just asking…

8 Likes

Yeah - because we can we did was Snowdon’s argument.

3 Likes

this is a major problem with trying to ban TT in the US. The majority of viewers are in other countries and can simply re-post or post links on any other site or start other site where they are automatically members. There are millions of members and that age group was born on the net, while most older people (like those in government) simply visit it as a foreign country.

3 Likes

Trumpheads I call 'em.

2 Likes

Yeah - that’s what they are. Good one.

2 Likes

The first of which is the threshold issue before he can exercise any power under the IEEPA.

(a) Any authority granted to the President by section 1702 of this title may be exercised to deal with any unusual and extraordinary threat, which has its source in whole or substantial part outside the United States, to the national security, foreign policy, or economy of the United States, if the President declares a national emergency with respect to such threat.

(b) The authorities granted to the President by section 1702 of this title may only be exercised to deal with an unusual and extraordinary threat with respect to which a national emergency has been declared for purposes of this chapter and may not be exercised for any other purpose. Any exercise of such authorities to deal with any new threat shall be based on a new declaration of national emergency which must be with respect to such threat. (50 US Code §1701)

Not that Trump will have any trouble declaring a national emergency but it will have to be more compelling than Sarah Cooper’s threat to his ego.

6 Likes

Or, because he can’t figure out how to use it, despite his Ace Cognitive Skillz.

2 Likes

While the US putting children in cages where some die is just kindness and a gentle democracy. And secret police attacking old men on camera and nothing happens to them is just a rare occurrence? Have you actually read the news lately?
The feds are out of Portland and Portland is now peaceful - no one is putting people in unmarked vans and taking them off.
We’re teargassing veterans and mothers, trump is trying his best to suppress voting, people that trump are afraid of are being killed in their jail cells and crooks that support him are free.
You might also want to talk to the ghost of the man who died when a cop car ran over him. They track you on your phone and regulate everyone’s entire life. I’m not seeing much difference except Hong Kong did a much better job containing the virus.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available