General Manager Says TikTok Not ‘Going Anywhere,’ After Trump Threatens To Ban Video Sharing App | Talking Points Memo

Kinda the point. Lotta bad people taking advantage of the split here in order to get away with bad things while it’s all politicized.

3 Likes

I believe it was Sarah Silverman who posted on Twitter, to paraphrase:

People march on the streets, he puts federal thugs out there to stop them.

People demand to be heard through their vote, and he tries to shut down vote by mail.

People make fun of him on TikTok, and he tries to ban them in the US.

Not to even mention his threat to delay the election. I think it’s more than fine to use the “F” word. Both of them.

13 Likes

Gohmert the super spreader. I like Grijalva. He’s in a high risk group. Older man, Latino, overweight. Got my fingers crossed for him. Gohmert should be prosecuted for reckless endangerment. Shit!, prosecute the entire GOP for reckless endangerment!

“While I cannot blame anyone directly for this, this week has shown that there are some Members of Congress who fail to take this crisis seriously,” Grijalva said.

24 Likes

They may not now be an enemy, but they are certainly an unethical competitor capable of becoming one.

3 Likes

What does Facebook have to do with it? It’s an American company.

The international community has raised serious questions about Tik Tok being used to steal information and funnel it back to the Chinese. It’s not just us.

5 Likes

Trump is a scourge to this country…

3 Likes

OK. IC, A.

1 Like

It is a good sign that he is asymptomatic and I have to wonder about the accuracy of the tests. I have a friend who is in the high risk category due to age and prior medical problems who tested positive several weeks ago in spite of being very careful. She had no symptoms ever and her daughter who is even more at risk and has been even more careful also tested positive and never showed symptoms. Either the tests were false positives or they were both very lucky. We still don’t know that much about this virus in terms of predicting how individuals of all ages will react to infection except that being old and having health issues puts you at higher risk.

14 Likes

Here’s how Trumpbarr will likely approach it.

https://twitter.com/julianku/status/1289393632424779777

I agree IEEPA is the most legally obvious route to “ban” TikTok. Under that law, POTUS shd be able to block any transactions btw US persons and TikTok. Apple and Google wd have to stop allowing TikTok on their app stores, at the very least. No more advertising on TikTok either.

Details with Julian Ku.

ETA. Going to the supremes, because:

southpaw
@nycsouthpaw

·

13h

Wait - Don’t we need to take account of the exceptions to the president’s authority under IEEPA that are manifestly designed to prohibit him from interfering with personal communication, information exchange, or artistic expression?

11 Likes

Tik Tok, Traitor Tot.

5 Likes

I hope Grijalva is ok, too. Damn.

7 Likes

But given that Gohmert has also tested positive and they have been in close proximity …

4 Likes

I read this morning that he was in close proximity to Barr repeatedly despite the official word about it.

Fingers crossed so hard.

14 Likes

well, maybe not the jail thingy.

3 Likes

I am very grateful that Sarah Cooper has a good platform. I love her stuff. Saw an interview of her were she said this Trump gig really brings her out of her shell, and empowers her. I understand that. She is great!

9 Likes

Protesters sign: “Trump killed Herman Cain.”

10 Likes

Funny how that keeps happening to Trump.

8 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Your pooler spotted a sign that read “PIG” with a blonde wig attached to it, as well as another that read “Commander in Cheat,” among others. Two Jeep Wranglers with
pro-Trump and American flags also drove back-and-forth through the neighborhood.
:point_down:
At one point, a police car stopped, and it appeared that officers could take photos of the peaceful protestors/ the road.

9 Likes

Yours sounds more fun, I on the other hand was trying to figure out how best to use a tranquilizer dart on him.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available