General Manager Says TikTok Not ‘Going Anywhere,’ After Trump Threatens To Ban Video Sharing App | Talking Points Memo

Well, it would solve them to my satisfaction. But not to his, as it would open the door to his long awaited State of New York criminal charges.

16 Likes

Jared and Miller told him to ban it. They were sure he could remember two words both starting with T.

8 Likes

Yes, I think you’ve got it. But he would love TikTok if it helped his campaign. He would love anthrax if it helped his campaign. But I am not sure why he loves COVID-19 so much.

11 Likes

I don’t know, but I’m thinking of creating an account today. I’m over my fear of China. They aren’t any worse than us (which is far from a compliment).

6 Likes

Remember when Donnie and the RWNJ’s accused President Obama of abusing his authority by issuing Executive Orders?? Ya, that was hilarious!!!

18 Likes

Either way he’s in for a long, hard slog.

And he brought it all on himself.

11 Likes

OT, and this post will reveal how crazy the quarantine is making me.

I have 6 still relatively young grandchildren that live close to me. I taught them all this song from the moment they could say the words, and the most popular thing to do with “Papa” was to sing the chorus so loud that their “Yes I cans” would completely drown out my feeble “No you can’ts”.

Infinitely better than Old McDonald’s Farm. If you want to see my grandchildren, just click on my icon - that is them from last Halloween as the Avengers. The youngest boy, who is so white it is almost blinding, insisted on being Black Panther whom he idolizes completely. Talk about cultural appropriation! We haven’t had the heart to tell him yet.

17 Likes

Re: TikTok,
Thank you Mr President for making my little videos more popular than ever.
love,
Sarah

19 Likes

Trump is up against it. In the manner of Victor Maitland…

“Mr. Trump, if I were you, I would be thinking more about what can happen to yourself”

(Such as the mindblowing statement that Bounty Gate concerns are a hoax…Meaning we have no ability to provide this man any National Security intel at all without this happening?)

3 Likes

No wonder Trump hates TikTok:

https://twitter.com/megsyhoops/status/1288360748104597505

15 Likes

“I know Putin, too,” Ms. Pappas later added. She declined to say anything more.

1 Like

I for one would heap praise upon him if he resigned, providing him with narcissistic supply. That won’t solve all his problems, but surely it would go a little way toward solving one of them. If we can get together a GoPraiseMe for him, he might like that. He would get all the bonuses, naturally.

6 Likes

TikTok is not available to users in China . TikTok is the global version of the Chinese app DouYin and they both belong to ByteDance.

4 Likes

I had never used Tiktok nor heard of this woman before.
Now I have! Way to go, Trump!

6 Likes

Yes they are.

15 Likes

Facebook seems to be doing fine.

1 Like

Except criminal liability.

Not even a Pence pardon could keep NY and other states out of the hunt.

7 Likes

Since Donnie wants to be the center of attention so badly, he should do something really juvenile, like freezing his tongue and fingers to a piece of cold metal. An easy enough matter to solve with warm water, but one where he’d be dependent on the assistance of others.
And, until someone decided they wanted to help, we’d be free of his blather and tweets.
Alternatively, the press could assign all of his bullshit to summary chyrons and deprive him of his ability to steer the news cycle and command free publicity with his drivel.

2 Likes

Microsoft has indicated it wants to buy TT’s US operations.

Kevin Meyer is from Disney. He brought the Disney + App. to life. Great hire for TT.

OT: just learned that Facebook’s largest national user base is in India.

5 Likes

The problem is that everything Trump does is suspect now. TikTok may be a real threat but that has gotten obscured by Trump’s MO.

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available