Gaetz Implodes In Surreal Tucker Carlson Appearance | Talking Points Memo

Yep. Only difference is that people loved the King Dome.

2 Likes

I was trying to keep you from going down that road.

2 Likes

Weird how his interns never show up at HR for their exit interviews.

KMVZTTKO4BAVDMZB5ISXE2YECI

4 Likes

Your suggestions are very reasonable. But. Reason is not something that works with the Fox News, MAGA, Parler, Skanky Turdface universe.

Instead, I would advise Matt Gaetz to use these zingers from Alabama government official Jim Ziegler from Roy Moore’s conservative playbook:
“There is nothing to see here,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told the Washington Examiner. “The allegations are that a man in his early 30s dated teenage girls. ….”

Another Ziegler gem
“Moore began dating his wife Kayla around this time…”

And finally, the Ziegler “pièce de résistance” according to the Washington Post
“Take the Bible — Zachariah and Elizabeth, for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist,” Ziegler says, choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. “Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”
“There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here,” Ziegler concluded. “Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

2 Likes

That’s an interesting conjecture, and quite possibly true.

But I also get a feeling of twisted sincerity from Gaetz’s support of Trump.

Lindsay Graham is playing a role. He knows the better he plays that role, the more likely his kompromat stays hidden, and he’s got practice at feigning whatever degree of indignation is appropriate to a given situation.

Gaetz has always struck me as all in. The cartoonish masculinity that Trump sold is deeply appealing to him.

If they have the goods on him as well, that’s just gravy.

3 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

Maybe he can try the “I didn’t know she was a girl” defense?

3 Likes

Various law enforcement and tax agencies have had the goods on Trump, to one degree or another, to no result.

I meant, If Trump’s people have (had) the goods on Gaetz as insurance for his good behavior, that would be gravy. But I think he was a very willing victim of blackmail.

And I meant someone having the goods on you for a crime often doesn’t mean a damn thing, you’ll never do the time or pay the fine.

So how the hell did Q miss this pedophile?

3 Likes

Right, but they’re different kinds of “goods.”

What’s needed to prove a crime, to a standard for conviction, and get a court to actually do it, is one thing.

What’s needed to plausibly threaten someone with devastating embarassment if they don’t do what you want - that’s a lower standard.

4 Likes

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) further nuked himself on Tuesday night in a bizarre interview with Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

I saw all the nuke, implosion metaphors and then your image, I remembered the memorable Samuel L. Jackson line from Pulp Fiction, “Mushroom cloud laying m-f…m-f… Every time my fingers touch brain, I’m Superfly T.N.T., I’m the Guns of the Navarone…”, might be apt for Matt Gaetz.

He is in Bob Livingston, Denny Hastert, Bob Foley, Roy Moore, Jerry Falwell territory at a young age. Matt Gaetz has outshone Ohio’s creep Gym Jordan and Kevin McCarthy who must be quite jealous.

1 Like

All sleaziness and illegalities aside, my god does Gaetz have a giant forehead.

Sweet Baby Jesus of the Blessed Cranial Deformities, look at the size of that melon!:

2 Likes

Can we all please agree that there is no such thing as a “child prostitute.” There are only child victims of sexual abuse.

12 Likes

“the Florida congressman delivered the coup de grâce: denying that the 17-year old existed, while also denying furiously that there were photos taken of him with child prostitutes.” Watch out for falling shoes.

Gaetz betting board …
Odds on next moves
1:2 more blaming “deep state”
1:8 flees to a non-extraditable country
1:10 signs off of a zoom call a la Jeffrey Toobin

He should be on Bev Hills 90210. For a variety of reasons.

1 Like

So how long before the coke high wears off and we need to put poor Gaetz on suicide watch?

I hear the latest Q drop is all about how Trump-Greenberg-Epstein-Stone-Gaetz forms a pentagram.

1 Like