Gaetz Implodes In Surreal Tucker Carlson Appearance | Talking Points Memo

Innocent until proven guilty.
It is possible that Gaetz, who is pretty much a mental 15 year old, thought his ‘relationship’ with the person in question was on par.
At least he did not strangle her… like his uncle, Robert Chambers:

But then we get down to something really important in this story. That is - in the age of the new Messiah Trump - will even ONE RepubliQan voter give a damn if he paid for under-age sex, paid her expenses, paid her travel, or even paid for an abortion?

5 Likes

Why? The article summed up the entire show perfectly:

Throughout this, Carlson maintained his standard bewildered glare.

7 Likes

Damn! The news that I miss when I spend the evening assembling an exercise bike while chasing away an eight month old kitten whose trying to help me every 90 seconds!

11 Likes

Okay. I just read Josh K’s account of this interview, and I’m laughing out loud.
Great reporting, Josh. Well done.

3 Likes

and what was NESTOR doing while all this was happening/

1 Like

Hmm. If you see something, say something. Right, Tucker? You hung out with a guy who was very possibly dating a minor…right in front of you. I see a civil suit at the very least in your future.

2 Likes

13 Likes

That clip was an implosion? Seemed like just someone, that may or may not be guilty, pointing out that sometimes public folks get falsely accused of shit.

He should change his twitter handle to “Wrong Guy” @MattGertz

5 Likes

SAME.
Possibly and, let’s face it predictably, got the beard formula wrong. They kinda all do:

-much younger woman to prove virility (here MG did the math and 11was too young but he can correct this in 10 yrs)

-make many public statements about hot and sexxxy wimyn

-literally, like DJTJR, one can grow a beard, when all else fails

They can hide the substance abuse. It is the wild desperation their bloodshot eyes and the self-loathing that they can’t hide. I swear MG and his friends in the Congressional Coaches Club are high as kites when they are at the height of crazy- really hard to tee off, and never plateau, like that completely straight (bada bing!)

2 Likes

Dog whistle for the MAGA rubes.

1 Like

“Matt who?” - Donald J. Trump, 45th US Predicament

6 Likes

Fascinating.

Money. Like Melania.

4 Likes

I think I know who is behind all of this event.

He is putting the term “legal age” to a test in that statement. I suspect at some point he is going to argue that sex with a 17 year in say, the District of Columbia, is not statutory rape (its not, the age of consent is 16). However, in Florida, the age of consent is 18.

So providing transportation for her across state lines puts him in jeopardy with the Mann Act. That’s the real risk he is facing immediately. Then there are the issues that will arise out of investigating this. Gaetz has a record of “dating” younger people, and that includes his partner/worker/“son” Nestor. Mother Jones has a tweet out this morning about how Gaetz refused an interview with them until he got wind that they had highly inappropriate photos of him with a young girl/woman who eventually became a Democratic page, then he was on the phone with them instantly, for instance.

My guess is, his political career is over, or at least, he will be resigning fairly soon. Matt could weather a potential Mann prosecution, he can’t weather deeper investigations into his private life. A record will emerge of him boffing barely legal and not legal females and, particularly disastrous for him, males. Likewise, the Newsmax job he was spinning yesterday morning (clearly in hopes of derailing this story) is off the table, and I wouldn’t be surprised if his engagement is about to be called off too.

He actually spoke here on Monday, something he hasn’t done in about 2 years, and he did make some arcane reference to already eyeing the retirement door. And in general, it was a relatively tame speech. Interesting now, given what he knew was about to drop.

16 Likes

Joel Greenberg investigation is what’s behind all of this:

7 Likes

Who says she wanted to?

10 Likes