EXCLUSIVE: Trump Admin Bypasses Top Career Prosecutor To Name New Acting US Attorney In Atlanta | Talking Points Memo

Slightly different take. When the previous AG heard the phone call with Raff, he got the heck out of Dodge. It squared with some signals he already received that confirmed DT would ask him to move on the vague threats in that call.

19 Likes

If you have no idea if an incoming president can remove a US attorney you could look it up. Hint: yes

6 Likes

But if he’s open to prosecution today he’ll still be open to prosecution in fifteen days. There’s nothing this guy can do about that. The entire world has heard the tape. Unless he’s going to start killing witnesses then there’s not much this guy can do. And any attempt he makes to bury evidence can be easily uncovered in a discussion with others in that office or the former US Attorney who stepped down.

35 Likes

It took all of 15 minutes to assassinate Archduke Franz Ferdinand. Look how much havoc that wreaked.

4 Likes

To say he’s going to think about looking into something. Diversion.

3 Likes

One of my dreams has been that Trump flies out on Jan. 20 to somewhere, but the plane doesn’t touch down prior to Joe being sworn in. Joe instructs his chief of staff that the moment he says “so help me God,” the CoS immediately relays orders to that aircraft to reverse course and head for LaGuardia. Upon landing, Donnie deplanes and is charged by the NYAG and the SDNY with multiple crimes.

If this happens on Jan. 19 I’m out of luck. But man would that be fun.

30 Likes

In order to indict someone, he has to impanel a grand jury and present evidence of crimes. Even if this guy is the ultimate lickspit, there isn’t time before Biden is sworn in for him to do that.

And there is the small matter of evidence.

16 Likes

Or you could just tell me. It wasn’t really the main point of my post.

2 Likes

If you’re suggesting that the new acting US Attorney is going to assassinate Archduke Ferdinand then we may have another problem here.

24 Likes

So is this just about Donnie trying to avoid criminal charges of his own? I guess that’s what it seems. For two weeks anyway. I assumed the dude who got out of dodge did so because there was some kind of “ask” from Trump that he wanted no part of. Maybe he just didn’t want to deal with the criminality of the phone call?

8 Likes

Yeah, Dotard’s team has been coming up way short in that department (since there IS no election fraud, other than what he and the GOP are perpetrating) in court but, like in the Ukraine affair, it’s the announcement of the investigation is what gets the rubes/Faux/OANN/Parler/etc. all lathered-up.

13 Likes

Trump is going to be fooled again. This guy has actually had to learn, if not practice, something about ethics.

3 Likes

BINGO!

11 Likes

Byung Jin “BJay” Pak is Fabrizio from The Godfather.

They’re still vile morons even if they’re not intentionally vile. But being a moron’s no excuse. Every adult who’s not mentally incapacitated is responsible for their own actions. That’s how the law works and that’s how morality works. I have no place in my heart for all these “Good Germans”. Nor does “god” (if he existed).

These are the EXACT same kinds of people btw:

18 Likes

He’s going to shoot himself in the foot if he goes along with rank bullshit.

3 Likes

I hope the Governor and Secretary of State avoid parades.

4 Likes

I read recently that Scotland suspects that Trump’s golf course has been used for money laundering. Maybe he wants to drop by and pick up some “clean” money.

15 Likes

Pak will spill the beans soon, hopefully.

4 Likes

I guess I am no judge of USAG bios, but this guy looks like he is qualified and has performed his duties with decency and regularity. Chump has installed much less qualified and confirmed dingbats than this guy. All he has to do to be BETTER than the last guy, is say he doesn’t think criminal charges for the Raffesperger calls are warranted, vs the other guy saying maybe it is warranted and worth looking at harder.

That would be enough for Chump to try to squeeze BJ out. Doesn’t mean the new guy is all gung-ho to start killing witnesses or arrest GA election officials

6 Likes