Electoral Politics Are A Terrible Prism For Natural Disasters

Trump has always taken credit for other’s work. Every accomplishment in his life is because of him, every set back=disaster is because no one listened to him.

16 Likes

71 Likes

You don’t make orders, you make suggestions. You try to get it where your interests align. This is true for almost any animal, really, including humans.

12 Likes

Trump will not be flying into Asheville anytime soon. In this interview the Mayor of Ashville states Starlink units are in place.

46 Likes

You’re looking at it the wrong way. It’s not getting a cat to follow a command. It’s them getting you to give a “command” when they feel like doing something.
Our stripey cat Ginny has trained us to say “sit” just before she sits for a treat.

17 Likes

That you Herodotus?

8 Likes

22 Likes

Not even the dumpster behind the waffle house.

3 Likes

Even Kevin Drum is getting mad.

Just fuck these guys. That’s all. Just fuck them.

27 Likes

I’m hoping for “hateful wretch”.

6 Likes

I don’t think the missle part is true, but Regan did take the solar panels off the White House. Removing something that was working for no reason but spite and replacing it with nothing seems pretty on brand for the Regan administration.

Note: the article is from 2010. The proportion of energy from renewables has changed a lot in 15 years!

21 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve heard they are synonymous.

1 Like

7 Likes

Seriously? How moronic

3 Likes

No offense to all you who love this shit…but I really, really can’t stand the stuff. I very much dislike pumpkin spice. I like pumpkin seeds and that’s about it but no pumpkin spice.

That is all.

24 Likes

I bet it was shitty coffee.

11 Likes

Regarding the importance of local radio particularly during an emergency. Glad to see Brian Stelter back at CNN covering these types of media issues.
There was a PBS segment as well as some articles a couple of decades ago about how radio consolidation, particularly the AM band impacted the city of Minot, North Dakota.
Due to radio consolidation over the past few decades many of those small and mid market stations managed to lose their local flavor and just feature pre packaged bilge out of Clear Channel.
They used the example of a tanker truck explosion on a highway which caused a dangerous situation yet there was no local radio outlet to inform residents about it. Since must carry rules were gutted, (A Reagan era FCC commissioner once actually said that a radio is no different than a toaster. Another example of how they cheapened the civic good and country) There is a need to go back to mandated local news and information on local radio.

24 Likes

Hah. I didn’t see your post until just now. Obviously that album could be considered a cultural influence.

3 Likes

I have an original vinyl copy of that album, somewhere…

9 Likes