Electoral Politics Are A Terrible Prism For Natural Disasters

While I have high confidence in Walz’s ability to handle JD, I do not have much confidence in the media’s ability to report on it. JD will (probably) not come off as thoroughly dysfunctional and mentally broken as TDICFFG, which will give the horse-race touts a way to spin the outcome more effectively

I might also add the JD is not running for president. He’s running for side-kick. And we all saw how Pence was treated in the role. The only way JD becomes president is if his boss meets with an “untimely accident”

16 Likes

I’m queasy about it. From what my wife has been reading, Walz warned Harris when she chose him that he’s not a good debater and apparently, he’s extremely nervous. Whereas Vance relishes debates. Don’t expect Walz to be able to bait Vance the way Trump was baited.

8 Likes

Could have been meringue.

4 Likes

55 Likes

24 Likes

Will Vance bring up the “mayor of Moscow” in this debate? Trump brought this up in 2020 and the last debate.

2 Likes

Trump made coffee for me this morning. Picked up some groceries. Collected my garbage. How does he do it?

13 Likes

Zombie Fourth Estate… a failure wrapped in an atrocity smothered in turd…

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-09-30/trump-says-he-asked-musk-to-bring-starlink-to-helene-hit-towns

They make it all about Trump and Musk despite Biden already having taken care of it and Trump and Musk having nothing to do with it whatsoever:

" Trump Says He Asked Musk for Starlink in Helene-Hit Towns

• FEMA says it has already sent Starlink units to North Carolina
  • Former president visits Georgia to see storm damage firsthand"

Fucking ridiculous. Trump and Musk literally did nothing but somehow the entire article is wrapped around them pretending to do something while burying that Biden had already planned it and is already doing it.

44 Likes

I don’t think it is lost on many voters that TCF is not mentally up to the task of being president. Even in his first term, he rarely did more than the least he could get away with and most of that was performative - press availabilities in which he said whatever, and photo ops. So the probability that his VP would take a much more active role or even take over completely is very high. I think the McCain/Palin precedent is valid - a lot of people paid attention to what Palin had to say because McCain just didn’t look like he would make the full 4 years. JMO

19 Likes

Did Helene hit or skirt Gaetz’ district. We have a friend with a place in the panhandle. He said they got the outer edge on the west side so not bad. Unlike Maria.

6 Likes

We should take him literally.

13 Likes

What does music have to do with this?

6 Likes

Bill Shakes said it best: “Meet it is I set it down, that one may smile and smile and be a villain.” He’s also completely deluded at this point. #voteblue

2 Likes

51 Likes

I don’t know about JV Dunce. I thing he’s ready for Varsity Dunce.

16 Likes

In the news, we have a person who represents the worst in us. Hands down.

But then we are reminded of that person who represents the best in us. Thank you Jimmy for being there. We need that memory jog.

32 Likes

The campaign continued " and we expect to be gratuitously thanked for NOT assaulting first responders, shooting up electrical sub stations, harrassing minority relief volunteers, or using trucks to run aid convoy vehicles off the road.

The LEAST you damn libruls could do is thank the lord for these good folks thanking the lord.

We are working “unbelievably hard” to come up with a concept of a plan. No one knew providing aid in a hurricane was this hard. Some people are saying its never been done before."

22 Likes

13 Likes

Not even waffle house.

2 Likes

Disaster response is one of those under-appreciated core government functions that requires years of planning, consistent funding, unsexy contingencies for communications, mutual aid, and the pre-positioning of assets – all of which are beyond the comprehension of the moron we had last time.

Fixed it for TPM.

17 Likes